Patrick Roberts

Slight calf strain and was to be assessed before the Newcastle game, now out until next month.

Was it a case of trying to keep them guessing in the run up to the Cup game, or is it a case of us not taking any chances?

Just seems another case of something that should keep a player out for a game or two ending up with them out a hell of a lot longer.

Joelinton pulled up with a hamstring injury a few weeks ago and limped off, he then started the next game. We have a player walk off with a little knock and they’re out for months.

Ekwah - dead leg - out for over a month
Cirkin - felt his hamstring - out for the season - needs operation
Roberts - ???? we may never see him again
Our record with injuries is an absolute joke - probably another dept/area of the club suffering from being ran on a shoestring if we are honest. All areas are like this and maybe we need to wake up to the fact it's all from the very top instead of blaming First Team Coach, Head of Recruitment, COO, Safety Officer, etc.... for the never ending stream of shit shows from every section of the club.

Joelinton pulled up with a hamstring injury a few weeks ago and limped off, he then started the next game. We have a player walk off with a little knock and they’re out for months.
Then he limped off again against us once the second goal went in, noticed his hamstring was being held together with KT Tape, so he's obviously just been patched up.

Oh here we again again. Same shit conspiracy shit for years man. “What are our lit doing in training, they’re always injured” blah blah blah. People saying calf strains are a little knock etc, have you actually tried to sprint and change direction when your calf or hamstring is fucked?? Try having a real dead leg when trying to kick a ball, it f***ing kills.
Our training and rehab facilities are up there with the best of them. It’s not the clubs fault players get injured. Jesus.

Last edited:
Oh here we again again. Same shit conspiracy shot for years man. “What are our lit doing in training, they’re always injured” blah blah blah. People saying clad strains are a little knock etc, have you actually tried to sprint and change direction when your calf or hamstring is fucked?? Try having a real dead leg when trying to kick a ball, it f***ing kills.
Our training and rehab facilities are up there with the best of them. It’s not the clubs fault players get injured. Jesus.
Aye.

He’s definitely being kept fit for selling

Our record with injuries is an absolute joke - probably another dept/area of the club suffering from being ran on a shoestring if we are honest. All areas are like this and maybe we need to wake up to the fact it's all from the very top instead of blaming First Team Coach, Head of Recruitment, COO, Safety Officer, etc.... for the never ending stream of shit shows from every section of the club.

I wrote a post about this in September and I think it still stands.

A. Do we know that we actually have more/ longers injuries than other teams, or is it just because we follow our club closer than other teams? B. If we do, what are the reasons for it (I list a few, including the idea that the club cut back of strength and conditioning and also medical staff after the relegations) and finally, C. are we actually taking any steps to try and change things at the club for the better?

Logon or register to see this image

If Roberts is going to be out for a length of time, I'd like to see Bennette getting some game time. It was noted that Pelembe could play right wing too, would it not be possible for us to give these lads a chance and bring in some new blood to a starting 11 that feels a bit stale and predictable?

I wrote a post about this in September and I think it still stands.

A. Do we know that we actually have more/ longers injuries than other teams, or is it just because we follow our club closer than other teams? B. If we do, what are the reasons for it (I list a few, including the idea that the club cut back of strength and conditioning and also medical staff after the relegations) and finally, C. are we actually taking any steps to try and change things at the club for the better?
Like you say, Every football fan in the world thinks their club is injury jinxed. Everyone has injuries to key players. We aren’t special and no different. It’s football. This board goes on like Jo one else has injured.

Oh here we again again. Same shit conspiracy shit for years man. “What are our lit doing in training, they’re always injured” blah blah blah. People saying calf strains are a little knock etc, have you actually tried to sprint and change direction when your calf or hamstring is fucked?? Try having a real dead leg when trying to kick a ball, it f***ing kills.
My question is more about the information that is fed from the club.

We must have the guy who came up with the original HS2 estimate giving out the length of time out estimate at the first press conference.

Back