Palace bid £31m for Benteke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who has far, far less money than Short.
5 owners. Says one is worth $2.5b. Most is private equity which means everyone's opinion of their worth is a guess. (Unless they go round spouting it off)... As mentioned the other day. Gone bust twice in the past so will have very little debt(if any)

It prevents rich sods coming in spending loads and buying the league surely?

That's the point mate. It closes off the shop. The ones with high turnover can spend what they like. No matter how much the big boys spent getting there turnover so high in the first place.

The G14/G20 were worried about more darkies taking over. Hence nee one said owt when Abromowich was buying the league. Until city and Psg came to the party. They are the only two clubs to have been fined. Blatter/platini needed their cut from the oil merchants.

FFP imo is anticompetitive and stacks the odds in favour of the current big boys.

Just like the ambition the mags showed last season spending nearly £100m? Spending fortunes guarantees absolutely nothing. I thought people might of clicked on by now.

Just because the mags bought badly doesn't mean that everyone who spends money is going to end up relegated, ridiculous comment. Stoke spent a fair amount over last couple of seasons and have kicked on. I'd take my chance on spending big on Benteke and Townsend over our current activity which revolves around taking utter shite like N'Zogbia on trial. Good old Ellis.

5 owners. Says one is worth $2.5b. Most is private equity which means everyone's opinion of their worth is a guess. (Unless they go round spouting it off)... As mentioned the other day. Gone bust twice in the past so will have very little debt(if any)

They must be new are they?

I can't understand why Short hasn't invited investment from elsewhere. Perhaps he is actively searching and there are no takers. I can't believe a club like Palace are going to be outspending us, considerably so it seems.

This transfer window is mental, any team spends a load and struggles ends up relegated are going to be in a financial mess, you could spend like 80 million and still get relegated if you buy the wrong players
Have said the same thing for years, in theory every team in the league could spend £100M in the summer transfer window and another top up of however many millions come January and the only sure fire fact is that three teams will be relegated come next May.

That's the point mate. It closes off the shop. The ones with high turnover can spend what they like. No matter how much the big boys spent getting there turnover so high in the first place.

The G14/G20 were worried about more darkies taking over. Hence nee one said owt when Abromowich was buying the league. Until city and Psg came to the party. They are the only two clubs to have been fined. Blatter/platini needed their cut from the oil merchants.

FFP imo is anticompetitive and stacks the odds in favour of the current big boys.

We are lucky, despite his faults, we have an owner that has stuck around, bought into the club and the area and appears to be in it for the long haul and speaking to him last year i believe this and would only sell to the right person or people. Other clubs are so lucky and have dodgy owners. Something needs doing to protect clubs from wrong'ns and make Leicester not just a one off whether or not FFP is that or not but something needs doing.

Been said over and over but agreed. If you haven't got the money.....and the banks won't lend......then they shouldn't be allowed to spend. All these rich owners do is guarantee the loan. Very few put their money in. Ellis Short owns Sunderland. Sunderland should not be in debt however many millions. Ellis Short should be in debt many millions. The fact is, they do have the money but keep racking up the debts. Yes I do understand that all business forms do this (Slimeball Green at BHS most recently) but it could easily be rectified without the (ghost) of FFP.

This transfer window is mental, any team spends a load and struggles ends up relegated are going to be in a financial mess, you could spend like 80 million and still get relegated if you buy the wrong players
It would have to be a monumental fuck up to spend that much and still go down!

Don't give a fuck about fees anymore after seeing the mags spend a fortune and get relegated. All I care about is our squad come the end of the window and how well we are playing. Had a dream last night that we started well. I've spent far to much time moaning about Shorts output, and as Leicester proved there is zero link between net spend and success it's all about having a strong team spirit and a good plan in place from a manager. I don't think anybody can deny the end of last season proved we have both in abundance.

Just because the mags bought badly doesn't mean that everyone who spends money is going to end up relegated, ridiculous comment. Stoke spent a fair amount over last couple of seasons and have kicked on. I'd take my chance on spending big on Benteke and Townsend over our current activity which revolves around taking utter shite like N'Zogbia on trial. Good old Ellis.
Stoke haven't spent a fortune though. Got players in like Bojan and Arnautovic in for pennies basically. After seeing our January business I'm hoping Allardyce is following the same path, not spending £30m+ on Benteke who is seriously overrated.

They must be new are they?

I can't understand why Short hasn't invited investment from elsewhere. Perhaps he is actively searching and there are no takers. I can't believe a club like Palace are going to be outspending us, considerably so it seems.
Think so. Steve Parish still the main man but brought in American investment.

Stoke haven't spent a fortune though. Got players in like Bojan and Arnautovic in for pennies basically. After seeing our January business I'm hoping Allardyce is following the same path, not spending £30m+ on Benteke who is seriously overrated.

They spent best part of £20m on one midfielder last season. Ambition.

we are getting left behind in the transfer market as per every season. another season of struggle is definite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back