Our Youth Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think mavrias might.
You're not the only one!

Mavrias and Ba will be key components of the squad this season I suspect, Mavrias has been played out of position at RB two games in a row now and has done well, his defensive frailties and naïveté showed last night at points but the lad is 20 years old and is a winger who likes to get forward and score goals, so that's no surprise!

Ba looks neat and tidy with a great range of passing and looks to get forward and on to the end of things, expect him to be understudy to either Seb or A. N. Other in the midfield and possibly get a few starts under his belt.

You're not the only one!

Mavrias and Ba will be key components of the squad this season I suspect, Mavrias has been played out of position at RB two games in a row now and has done well, his defensive frailties and naïveté showed last night at points but the lad is 20 years old and is a winger who likes to get forward and score goals, so that's no surprise!

Ba looks neat and tidy with a great range of passing and looks to get forward and on to the end of things, expect him to be understudy to either Seb or A. N. Other in the midfield and possibly get a few starts under his belt.

Have you seen Mavrias play? He's like a John Oster imo. He has a lot of improving to do and should have been loaned out in January.

Have you seen Mavrias play? He's like a John Oster imo. He has a lot of improving to do and should have been loaned out in January.
I have seen him play, quite a lot of times as well, he's got good feet and an eye for goal, he has that knack of getting the fortunate bounce in and around the box, he's also direct and fairly pacey. Certainly has improving to do but likening him to a player who doesn't even play his role is ridiculous! Mavrias is in the ilk of Borini, granted he's much rawer and not as experienced as Fabio, but very similar in style of play.

I have seen him play, quite a lot of times as well, he's got good feet and an eye for goal, he has that knack of getting the fortunate bounce in and around the box, he's also direct and fairly pacey. Certainly has improving to do but likening him to a player who doesn't even play his role is ridiculous! Mavrias is in the ilk of Borini, granted he's much rawer and not as experienced as Fabio, but very similar in style of play.

You've only watched him on youtube.

Attacking midfielder type who can put a ball on a sixpence, technical and fairly strong physically, also pacey

Perfect, tough to see what he's lacking from that. Despite knowing nothing about any of them, I'd love to see some of these lads break into the first team this year, there's something so satisfying/refreshing knowing they haven't just come here for the $$$.

Perfect, tough to see what he's lacking from that. Despite knowing nothing about any of them, I'd love to see some of these lads break into the first team this year, there's something so satisfying/refreshing knowing they haven't just come here for the $$$.
Experience, he'll feature at some point I imagine, but he's not a certainty this season, a loan will come up for the lad!

Experience, he'll feature at some point I imagine, but he's not a certainty this season, a loan will come up for the lad!

I say throw them on a few times before loaning them out, try to milk a bit of the McClean/Bridges effect before it wears off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back