Our Youth Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinoTheAlbino

Goalkeeper
How many if any of these will be in and around the first team next season? I think its a decent idea to give them so much game time in pre season (not that we have a choice) but if they are being taught Gus' philosophy from an early age they could be eased into the team for the easier cup games/last 20 minutes of games we are comfortably winning (im a dreamer, but im not the only one)

Personally I would like to see Watmore, Mavrias, Moberg, Gooch and Honeyman start making inroads in to the first team in the next couple of seasons.

like you say, early cup rounds or games we're hammering teams in. maybe at the end of the season if we're in a good position.

need to sort the first team out first

like you say, early cup rounds or games we're hammering teams in. maybe at the end of the season if we're in a good position.

need to sort the first team out first
Agreed, if we sort the first team out which I am sure we will before the season starts then I cant remember the last time we had so many decent young players to consider

Are any even highly rated in the age group?

Gooch is an up and coming striker.

And hes named after the gap between the balls and ass so he has to be decent

Not that long ago I was agreeing with rave reviews of Laing and Egan:(
Very serious injuries screwed those two up, both would have been pushing for starts by now, Laing could even have been a starter!

I think this season you'll see Ba and Mavrias given the impact sub roles and the chance to push for a starting place. Honeyman, Gooch, Robson, and Beadling could all feature this coming season, especially in cup games, I expect to see the like of Watmore and DMK loaned out again, hopefully to better standard of opposition!

Most teams - especially of ilk cannot afford to bring them through - or very few.

I look back to when I was a bairn (cue Dvorak or Hovis music for any mags reading) and being dragged to the old training ground to watch the likes of Rowell, Arnott, Elliot coming through the ranks. Coady, Henderson, Gilbert, - they usually drift away to lower league sides now, or non-league.

I hear Ryan Noble was training/trial with Peter Beardsley at the mags this week.

He'll on!

Very serious injuries screwed those two up, both would have been pushing for starts by now, Laing could even have been a starter!

I think this season you'll see Ba and Mavrias given the impact sub roles and the chance to push for a starting place. Honeyman, Gooch, Robson, and Beadling could all feature this coming season, especially in cup games, I expect to see the like of Watmore and DMK loaned out again, hopefully to better standard of opposition!
surely we want another trip to Wembley and gus playing strong sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back