Our best 11 v mags best 11 ... and benches if yous can be bothered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously everyones starting 11 will be different but I have selected my preferred starting 11 and what I think is the mags strongest 11. Both are playing a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Stating 11

Krul v Pants .... Draw - Too close to call, both decent keepers, neither great at kicking

Janmaat v Yedlin... Janmaat - great attacking, not so much defending, haven't seen enough of Yedlin to judge
Mbemba v O'shea.. Draw - Mbemba looks a good buy but O'shea has the experience and is mostly reliable
Colo v Kaboul... Colo - Comfortable on ball and reads game well, Kabouls start + injury record worrys me
Haidara v pva... Haidara - looks a decent player, pva positioning terrible, good going forward, relies on pace

Tiote v M'vila... M'vila - looks a beast of a player, instantly our best cm, tiote hangs onto ball too long for me
Colback v Catts .... Colback - I like Colback, their best player last season, catts is our worst form cm presently

Sissoko v Lens... Lens - looked quality so far, I rate Sissoko too but as a cm, on the wing Lens wins for me
Wijnaldum v Toivonen - Gini - great player, ola looks decent but I don't think many can argue he's better
Thauvin v Borini... Borini - Thauvin is so skilfull, Borini more direct but edges it with prem experience

Cisse v Defoe.. Draw - Both players know where back of the net is, Cisse has age on side but Defoe still has it

Looks like 5-3 to mags with 3 too close to call, really could have gone either way but we will see over the season. Bookmark this and come back to me then if you like!

Benches - Trying to go as much like to like as possible

Elliot v Mannone... Mannone - Because he has more prem experience, Elliot has always looked an ok backup
Taylor v Coates... Draw - Don't rate either of these, Taylor has experience but Coates is young & may improve
Dummet v Jones... Draw - Jones is better going forward but Dummet better at defending, don't rate either
Anita v Larsson... Draw - Anitas a tidy player but too small for cm, Larsson a grafter but nothing special
De Jong v Rodwell... De Jong - When fit he'll start for the mags, great player, Rodwell has 1 good game in ten
Aarons v Johnson... Johnson - Aarons an exciting prospect but still raw, Johnson if all is well will replace Ola
Mitrovic v Fletcher... Draw - Mitrovic a headcase, Fletcher an alcoholic/walking injury, both good hold up players but who will score more goals? If I had to bet I would say Mitrovic because he will likely play more

So that's 2-1 to mags with 4 draws ... Again too close to call for a lot of them. Might have another think and do another one later without any draws (in the theory that someone has a gun to your head and you have to choose who you want in your squad)

Depressing to see that we've become just like the mags when it comes to having foreign players. Barely any British ones left in our team.

Give me a shit heads gone Cattermole over that ginger coward in a derby any day of the week.

Edit - Mbemba has more birthdays than premier league appearances and you have him drawing with Oshea already? give owa man.

Colback rarely gives th ball away, hes a good player. Lots of us just have a bad taste in our mouths over what happened, I'm just trying to give an honest appraisal. From what I've seen of Mbemba he has lots of pace and likes a tackle, hes a bit small so may be suspect at heading but o'shea has no pace, he reads the game well which means he doesn't need as much pace. O'shea was written off by many on here and by Dick for the first few games until we seen what a shambles Kaboul and Coates were together.

We will see over the course of the season but Mbemba looks a good player to me, I think a draw is a fair appraisal

Colback rarely gives th ball away, hes a good player. Lots of us just have a bad taste in our mouths over what happened, I'm just trying to give an honest appraisal. From what I've seen of Mbemba he has lots of pace and likes a tackle, hes a bit small so may be suspect at heading but o'shea has no pace, he reads the game well which means he doesn't need as much pace. O'shea was written off by many on here and by Dick for the first few games until we seen what a shambles Kaboul and Coates were together.

We will see over the course of the season but Mbemba looks a good player to me, I think a draw is a fair appraisal

I don't. I didn't like him nor rate that much when he was here either.

Edit - Actually I do have a bad taste in my mouth over it, he's a little shitbag. That being said I still wasn't his biggest fan when he was here.

Get a job i think or something is my advise, or get a dog and take that out for a walk to fill your day

I don't. I didn't like him nor rate that much when he was here either.

Each to their own, I liked him, I know a few others on here did to like @PISTON ... he was always willing to play anywhere for the team including left back. He's streets ahead of Gomez, Vaughan and others who managers preferred ahead of him during his time here. He loves a tackle too, you can tell he has a bit of fight in him. I rate him - football is all about opinions, you are entitled to yours

Get a job i think or something is my advise, or get a dog and take that out for a walk to fill your day

I'm actually doing this at work, how fun

Didn't the OP get the memo? Newcastle United are back! They got a draw against Man Utd and nearly got a draw against Arsenal even though they were played of the park. Steve McClaren is one of the best coaches in the Europe, if you ignore Wolfsburg, his second spell at Twente, Notts Forest and anything that happened after Easter 2015 at Derby County.

Each to their own, I liked him, I know a few others on here did to like @PISTON ... he was always willing to play anywhere for the team including left back. He's streets ahead of Gomez, Vaughan and others who managers preferred ahead of him during his time here. He loves a tackle too, you can tell he has a bit of fight in him. I rate him - football is all about opinions, you are entitled to yours

IMO he offered us next to nothing. No drive, no heart and limited ability. He had some fine games for us don't get me wrong but for every good game you had a handful of ones like Norwich away. Completely anonymous.

As @Maravilla (I think) said. He plays well if the teams playing well.

Obviously everyones starting 11 will be different but I have selected my preferred starting 11 and what I think is the mags strongest 11. Both are playing a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Stating 11

Krul v Pants .... Draw - Too close to call, both decent keepers, neither great at kicking

Janmaat v Yedlin... Janmaat - great attacking, not so much defending, haven't seen enough of Yedlin to judge
Mbemba v O'shea.. Draw - Mbemba looks a good buy but O'shea has the experience and is mostly reliable
Colo v Kaboul... Colo - Comfortable on ball and reads game well, Kabouls start + injury record worrys me
Haidara v pva... Haidara - looks a decent player, pva positioning terrible, good going forward, relies on pace

Tiote v M'vila... M'vila - looks a beast of a player, instantly our best cm, tiote hangs onto ball too long for me
Colback v Catts .... Colback - I like Colback, their best player last season, catts is our worst form cm presently

Sissoko v Lens... Lens - looked quality so far, I rate Sissoko too but as a cm, on the wing Lens wins for me
Wijnaldum v Toivonen - Gini - great player, ola looks decent but I don't think many can argue he's better
Thauvin v Borini... Borini - Thauvin is so skilfull, Borini more direct but edges it with prem experience

Cisse v Defoe.. Draw - Both players know where back of the net is, Cisse has age on side but Defoe still has it

Looks like 5-3 to mags with 3 too close to call, really could have gone either way but we will see over the season. Bookmark this and come back to me then if you like!

Benches - Trying to go as much like to like as possible

Elliot v Mannone... Mannone - Because he has more prem experience, Elliot has always looked an ok backup
Taylor v Coates... Draw - Don't rate either of these, Taylor has experience but Coates is young & may improve
Dummet v Jones... Draw - Jones is better going forward but Dummet better at defending, don't rate either
Anita v Larsson... Draw - Anitas a tidy player but too small for cm, Larsson a grafter but nothing special
De Jong v Rodwell... De Jong - When fit he'll start for the mags, great player, Rodwell has 1 good game in ten
Aarons v Johnson... Johnson - Aarons an exciting prospect but still raw, Johnson if all is well will replace Ola
Mitrovic v Fletcher... Draw - Mitrovic a headcase, Fletcher an alcoholic/walking injury, both good hold up players but who will score more goals? If I had to bet I would say Mitrovic because he will likely play more

So that's 2-1 to mags with 4 draws ... Again too close to call for a lot of them. Might have another think and do another one later without any draws (in the theory that someone has a gun to your head and you have to choose who you want in your squad)

Mag ;)

Last Saturday was probably 9-2 to Liverpool against West Ham. Outcome was 0-3. Every England side in recent history has been good on paper.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back