Only on Merseyside

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think people are just sick of it to be honest. Anyone mocking should have a look at themselves mind. But I for one am sick to death about hearing about it every other week. I don't care to be brutally honest.
It really isn't every other week mind.
I think it was admirable what they fought for having been held accountable for years for a tragedy that wasn't of their doing.
I'd like to think we would all come together if confronted (god forbid) with a similar scenario.

Obvious in what way?
Yes I do know that our fans seem to have an issue with them (really no idea why mind) but all this mocking of candles etc is in awful taste given what happened mind.

There was a time I cared, and was deeply moved by the whole sad thing. Now. Now it's been drummed into me every week that I am actually sick of it now, rather than feeling any empathy I feel exhausted by them.

Not at all.
A fantastic history and our most successful European club.
people choosing to have a pop at them over hillsborough is disgusting to be honest.

Agree with he highlighted and nobody with any sense of respect would do otherwise but the fact that they have three more European Cups than Manchester United is hardly a barometer for saying that they're the 'Greatest English Club' ever. The Directors and Producers without any real Football knowledge at BT Sport and Sky Sports may try and make you believe that but a true Football supporter knows it is absolute hogwash because it is all relative.

Heysel was awful and percentage of their fans were a disgrace but that could have happened to anyone in that era with crowd trouble rife.

The way I see it, Liverpool Fans behaviour were responsible for Heysel and Partly responsible for Hillsborough.

It doesn't make them a more special club than others in my eyes, quite the opposite in fact.

It really isn't every other week mind.
I think it was admirable what they fought for having been held accountable for years for a tragedy that wasn't of their doing.
I'd like to think we would all come together if confronted (god forbid) with a similar scenario.

It is. I hear about all the f***ing time. Its boring.

It is admirable they have fought but think of the countless number of other tragedies you don't hear about (and have shoved down your throats).

Quite frankly I don't give a flying fuck about it.

It's was terrible what happened at Hillsborough but Liverpool are using it as marketing tool which is a bigger insult. I remember a Liverpool fan trying to tell that Hillsborough is our generations Holocaust! I can remember a thread on here about them bragging on about the connection with 9/11. Bradford and Rangers don't go on the same way. Their disasters are equally as bad as Liverpools.

The way I see it, Liverpool Fans behaviour were responsible for Heysel and Partly responsible for Hillsborough.

It doesn't make them a more special club than others in my eyes, quite the opposite in fact.
I don't think Liverpool are any more special due to their tragedies I just think they have a wonderful history and have always been my second club.
Heysel and hillsborough could've happened to any club in that time.

?? - How is that mocking or are you on a lunchtime whoosh?
Talking if candles etc isn't mocking?
Haway man!

I don't think Liverpool are any more special due to their tragedies I just think they have a wonderful history and have always been my second club.
Heysel and hillsborough could've happened to any club in that time.

Talking if candles etc isn't mocking?
Haway man!
Haway man what, they have changed a badge for gods sake not gone and abused anyone. I would be pretty confident in saying that they did not do it to offend but as some playful marketing tool, how anyone takes offense to that needs a shake to be honest. Today with this social media shit, you will always offend someone no matter what you say and in this instance I think your response is worse than shit.

Haway man what, they have changed a badge for gods sake not gone and abused anyone. I would be pretty confident in saying that they did not do it to offend but as some playful marketing tool, how anyone takes offense to that needs a shake to be honest. Today with this social media shit, you will always offend someone no matter what you say and in this instance I think your response is worse than shit.
The badge thing is irrelevant and they certainly shouldn't taking offence at that.
What's poor are the comments that followed about candles etc.
like I say that hillsborough incident could've happened to anyone of us or our families.
96 people went to watch a game of football and never returned. Find that heartbreaking personally.

The badge thing is irrelevant and they certainly shouldn't taking offence at that.
What's poor are the comments that followed about candles etc.
like I say that hillsborough incident could've happened to anyone of us or our families.
96 people went to watch a game of football and never returned. Find that heartbreaking personally.
They did take offence mind, just look at the comments under the article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back