One More Game Left In The North Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit harsh if they haven't had a letter telling them that it is a standing only section. :confused:

I know what you mean, but its exactly the same in the swc. You cant expect the person in front of you to sit down when no one else is. Hopefully it wont be a problem anyway

I got that letter. You didnt because you are in a part of the ground which remains seated.

Mates have met with the club when the whole idea was first being put together and if you think the majority of the South stand (lively section) will be up and down (depending on the action) you may be in for a shock. But as you say, time will tell.

Seems a bit unfair for your mates to be privvy to this information without making it public mate.

Well there seems to be a bit of confusion over what a 'lively singing section' is, on here, where it has been discussed to fuck, so god knows what other people think.

Hopefully everyone is happy in the end

Last edited:
Seems a bit unfair for your mates to be privvy to this information without making it public mate.

Nah, these lads got off their arses and decided to try to improve things. Unsurprisingly I was all for it :lol:

The club cant come out and say it but they felt having "lively" instead of just "singing" might help the penny drop. Short even came out and said he was desperate for a home end which was vibrant and full of noise as it helps the team. No one in their right minds actually thinks this will be achieved by those who like to remain seated.

I still think the stewards will wander round occasionally, but like the SWC, it will be a case of a few seconds inconvenience before they go away again.

Last edited:
Nah, these lads got off their arses and decided to try to improve things. Unsurprisingly I was all for it :lol:

The club cant come out and say it but they felt having "lively" instead of just "singing" might help the penny drop.

I still think the stewards will wander round occasionally, but like the SWC, it will be a case of a few seconds inconvenience before they go away again.

Aye this.

They always go out of their way to try and improve the atmosphere.

Rest of the ground to choose from marra

Aye mate, North stand for me. Shame for the people who were forced to move and thought they could get a similar seat in the south stand with the bonus of a good atmosphere. Probablys should have been made aware of the rule changes before asking them to decide.

I didnt say i would be telling them to fuck off, the majority would though. Unless the people in-front of me were willing to sit id just politely refuse

Fair enough. No need to be telling fellow supporters to fuck off though.

Aye mate, North stand for me. Shame for the people who were forced to move and thought they could get a similar seat in the south stand with the bonus of a good atmosphere. Probablys should have been made aware of the rule changes before asking them to decide.

I agree. If someone has been forced to move seats from the back of the north stand and has moved to the same position in the south stand then I feel for them if they want to sit down. They should ask to be moved to another part of the ground because theres no way they will be able to sit down as people will be standing.
Even if they ask folk to sit they will be told no and probably be told to fuck off

Probablys should have been made aware of the rule changes before asking them to decide.

There hasn't been a rule change, which you are fully aware of.

There hasn't been a rule change in the SWC at present but standing is pretty much tolerated. The only reason its gone off a bit in recent weeks is because for some reason people have decided not to go through the whole sit down for 10 secs routine whilst the stewards leave again.

I agree. If someone has been forced to move seats from the back of the north stand and has moved to the same position in the south stand then I feel for them if they want to sit down. They should ask to be moved to another part of the ground because theres no way they will be able to sit down as people will be standing.
Even if they ask folk to sit they will be told no and probably be told to fuck off

This.

When moving seats the club should have said something like this is where all the singing is etc. Then maybe people would have realised that its going to be just like the SWC. Im in the south next year and wont be sitting down. I moved there because I want to sing and stand all game and thats what me and the rest of my mates that moved there are planning to do.

This.

When moving seats the club should have said something like this is where all the singing is etc. Then maybe people would have realised that its going to be just like the SWC. Im in the south next year and wont be sitting down. I moved there because I want to sing and stand all game and thats what me and the rest of my mates that moved there are planning to do.

what row you in mate?

Im in section U38 so a bit into the SWC. Basically im standing and singing and if someone behind me is unfortunate enough to want to sit then thats unfortunate for them as everyone in front will be standing and i moved there for the atmosphere. I think the club should have made it a bit more obvious that people would be standing. I know they dont want to encourage it but it will cause problems as people who dont want to stand will be made too.

Seat 762 i think if i remember correctly. I know its a aisle seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back