***OFFICIAL 2016 C2C THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit some on Sunday, must have been 4" deep Clipped in too so just had to keep pedalling and hope for the best. Ploughed through really well still loving the CX which is bringing me to my next dilemma @ivanthereasonable would a Cyclocross make it over Rookhope in one piece? It's my 2nd favourite section of the C2C and would hate to miss it. So it's either a full Suss Kona or the CX did it 2 years ago on the Kona and it was great fun but probably not the most ideal bike for the whole trip.

I don't know Rookhope,so can't say. But i use my cross on plenty of fairly rough stuff. I'd only use my mtb on really rough stuff.
But my favourite bike is my cross bike because its so versatile.The bike is more likely to cope with the terrain than me. Last time i did a 3 day c2c,i used the old rigid Marin mtb i've still got in my garage.

That's where you need a CX ;)
As said there are a few do it on a roadie. Would say the tracks are ok on a dry day but there are alternative roads when it's wet. Think the actual ratio road trail is about 50/50 sure it tells you on the sustrans site, but most of the track is gravel old railway lines etc.Nowhere near as bad as Paris Roubaix.

Just checked. Last time me and her did it (3 days),we went via crawleyside and we were both on Rigid Marin mtb's.It was a long time ago,and i'm sure suspension had'nt been invented then. But she has sinse done a 2 dayer with her workmates on the same bike,and she went over the moor.

Last edited:

I don't know Rookhope,so can't say. But i use my cross on plenty of fairly rough stuff. I'd only use my mtb on really rough stuff.
But my favourite bike is my cross bike because its so versatile.The bike is more likely to cope with the terrain than me. Last time i did a 3 day c2c,i used the old rigid Marin mtb i've still got in my garage.
Rookhope has improved but is still a hard rocky ascent. Will make my mind up nearer the time. The Kona is such a nice free wheeling bike, for full suspension, that it would probably be the more sensible option it's not as if if a race or owt. Do love the Rose though and have rode nothing else since I got it
Went over Rookhope nee botha...
Cheers

Rookhope has improved but is still a hard rocky ascent. Will make my mind up nearer the time. The Kona is such a nice free wheeling bike, for full suspension, that it would probably be the more sensible option it's not as if if a race or owt. Do love the Rose though and have rode nothing else since I got it

Cheers
I walked up rookhope last year, and out of Allenheads. I've never felt so ill on my bike before. Any attempt at effort brought on nausea. :lol:

You're going to tell me about following the route?
I knar the facking route now like. Only got lost on the first ever one. I can pretty much go through every turn in my head, like a bobsleigh driver.

Love it no way I'll ever get to 15mph on it though.The whole reason I took a wholly impractical Full on MTB last time was for that section.

Would be great if you can, we need to get Flav, Big John and Percy on board.
Can't commit, trying to sort out job changing, if it gets sorted and I can get away I'll carry my tent and shit on the tourer if there's no accommodation left ... more fun that way. Although feeding dogs in Durham with Percy sounds canny.

How much is the deposit?
Dunno yet. I can't book anything yet as there are so many ditherers.

I have 14 definites and about 10 maybes, plus I'm still waiting on a confirmation from the support driver(s).

I need to tell the guest houses by this weekend, so can anyone who's still pondering make their mind up quick? Anyone who wants to come after that will have to sort their own transport and digs I'm afraid.

Bad news - i'm a yes
So I need a double room for you two now, yes?

I have 14 definites and about 10 maybes, plus I'm still waiting on a confirmation from the support driver(s).

I need to tell the guest houses by this weekend, so can anyone who's still pondering make their mind up quick? Anyone who wants to come after that will have to sort their own transport and digs I'm afraid.

Well I definitely need three beds but if there's no room on the mini bus we are happy getting the train and meeting you there

I know a man with a van, so let me know if you need me to ask.

I know a man with a van, so let me know if you need me to ask.
Yes that would be great.

Right, the minibus is booked and full, assuming everyone who's a yes so far wants a lift. There might be a couple more seats in the van, and Sneech may be taking the sneechmobile for shits and giggles. That's assuming nobody what's to go over themselves on the Friday night?

Definites:

1 Me
2 Patch
3 Parkmaverick
4 No mark
5 Pete
6 Mark's mate Rye
7 Josie Ann
8 Barry Fiddle
9 Mal
10 Manuel
11 Ross
12 Trev
13 Mux
14 Sprout
15 Ash
16 Steve

Yes that would be great.

Right, the minibus is booked and full, assuming everyone who's a yes so far wants a lift. There might be a couple more seats in the van, and Sneech may be taking the sneechmobile for shits and giggles. That's assuming nobody what's to go over themselves on the Friday night?

Definites:

1 Me
2 Patch
3 Parkmaverick
4 No mark
5 Pete
6 Mark's mate Rye
7 Josie Ann
8 Barry Fiddle
9 Mal
10 Manuel
11 Ross
12 Trev
13 Mux
14 Sprout
15 Ash
16 Steve

Did you get my private message mate?

Can't commit, trying to sort out job changing, if it gets sorted and I can get away I'll carry my tent and shit on the tourer if there's no accommodation left ... more fun that way. Although feeding dogs in Durham with Percy sounds canny.
A step up from your usual allocated accommodation mate. ;)
Now that's a shit stirring post if ever there was one.:lol:

A step up from your usual allocated accommodation mate. ;)
Now that's a shit stirring post if ever there was one.:lol:
Remember this?

Logon or register to see this image

Ok folks, deposit will be £30. If you pm me I'll give you bank details to transfer it. Or meet me at the match on Tuesday. If I don't get it in the next week, I'll consider you've withdrawn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back