*~*~* Norwich v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

Well one good thing to come out of today's game.
Those who moan about not getting tickets can expect the General Sale sign to go up a lot more.

Look at Leicester City! They must have been thinking "This is 46 pre season friendlies. We are going to win them all at a canter with our quality. We have Premiership players playing in the Championship. I cannot think of a better Christmas present than the title". And the first half of the season that looked true. Of the 23 they won 19, drew 1 and lost 3. This second half though they have already won only 6, drew 2 and lost 4. The last 3 of the 4 defeats coming in their last 3 games. Their whole world has caved in. They must be wondering if they are even going to get promoted at all. They are only 5 points dropped from a playoff providing Ipswich and Leeds gain 6 or more points and City drop all 5.

If you think we are in the shit spare a thought for Leicester City FC. The bigger you are the harder you fall. So true. They have even more to lose than we do because expectations were greater.

Weird behaviour. Yours not the poster you question.
2 years ago, the poster said

ā€œAfter deliberating long and hard I've decided to chuck it in after 34 years..the lad has renewed with his mates..partly financial and partly apathetic(never thought I'd say that!!)...still love SAFC but going to games is now a effort that was never there before...I've a heavy heart tonight..so I'm ready to get abuse from some quarters but I've had enough now I'm devoting time to things I should've done a while ago...apologies fellow mackems!ā€

Yesterday, he said

ā€œ
It's with a heavy heart after 30 years as ST holder I've decided not to renew...
(Personally choice I know)...what this owner right now is doing is slowly dismantling our club..its absolutely criminal what he and Speakman are doing!!...where's the culpability?
Where's taking ownership of it?
Where's the responsibility??
Not a chance of me giving anymore of my hard earned money to these 2 charlatans!....I'll always love Sunderland.
But these 2 c*^@s can f**k off!!
They are fkn shameful!!
A note to KLD.....if you're not interested in investing.....SELL UP AND FK OFF!!ā€

So

1. In 2022, he had been a SC holder for 34 years. In 2024, heā€™s been a SC holder for 30

2. In 2022, he said he wasnā€™t renewing, but obviously did.

3. He cites his reasons for not renewing is the ownership, but we know from 2 years ago that he would not renew based on on pitch performances above anything else

Maybe petty, but I just find it entertaining the number of people on here declaring their ā€œgrand gestureā€ of not renewing based on KLD/ Speakman etc. when a cursory look at their posting history shows that roll out the same thing most years.

Weird behaviour. Yours not the poster you question.
Really? šŸ˜‚

ā€œAfter deliberating long and hard I've decided to chuck it in after 34 years..the lad has renewed with his mates..partly financial and partly apathetic(never thought I'd say that!!)...still love SAFC but going to games is now a effort that was never there before...I've a heavy heart tonight..so I'm ready to get abuse from some quarters but I've had enough now I'm devoting time to things I should've done a while ago...apologies fellow mackems!ā€

Yesterday, he said

ā€œ
It's with a heavy heart after 30 years as ST holder I've decided not to renew...
(Personally choice I know)...what this owner right now is doing is slowly dismantling our club..its absolutely criminal what he and Speakman are doing!!...where's the culpability?
Not a chance of me giving anymore of my hard earned money to these 2 charlatans!....I'll always love Sunderland.
They are fkn shameful!!
A note to KLD.....if you're not interested in investing.....SELL UP AND FK OFF!!ā€

So

1. In 2022, he had been a SC holder for 34 years. In 2024, heā€™s been a SC holder for 30

3. He cites his reasons for not renewing is the ownership, but we know from 2 years ago that he would not renew based on on pitch performances above anything else

Maybe petty, but I just find it entertaining the number of people on here declaring their ā€œgrand gestureā€ of not renewing based on KLD/ Speakman etc. when a cursory look at their posting history shows that roll out the same thing most years.
Weird behaviour and rightly called out IMO.

Last edited:
Caught up with the highlights. First game Iā€™ve not bothered watching for a long time, feeling quite apathetic about the club at the moment.

It is clear that this young and mentally fragile club is devoid of leaders from the boardroom to the playing staff.

We need to reinforce with experience and know how in the summer as this squad is only going one way.

Yesterday, he said

ā€œ
They are fkn shameful!!

So

OK, doubling down on your weird obsessive behaviour?

The agenda in your posts is too obvious mate. Up your game.

OK, doubling down on your weird obsessive behaviour?

The agenda in your posts is too obvious mate. Up your game.
1. Not sure what it has to do with you (unless obviously, you have 2 forum accounts)

2. It would appear many people donā€™t agree that fact checking is odd.

3. If you believe all you read without question, I have some amazing Nigerian investments you may be interested in. šŸ˜‰

Back