North East Construction Market

Noticed Toolstation are having massive sales. A bad sign.
It’s quite at the minute believe me che. I think it’ll not improve much .

Good for me like as I can get good lads much much easier now.
Heard they're planning on Milburngate Phase 2 today. 3 buildings beside and behind the hotel :eek:
Plan as much as they want I think. Pre tender estimates and the actual tender prices over the last 2 year have been poles apart.

Last edited:
I’ve got a paslode but it’s poor this time of year on the roofs. Il keep it though as a second one for the summer.

I’m all dewalt so makes sense just to add to collection
Best 1st fix gun we’ve got is a Milwake . Heavy but never missed a beat.
Wanted a quiet jan (with me being such a lazy twat! 😉).

Fecking chocca!

Merchants are begging for graft . Spoke to a brick manufacturer and they are shitting themselves.

I’m buying wagon fulls of 100mm PIR insulation for £20 now, it was £45 2 year ago .

Suppliers are struggling, subbies are “ ticking over …” agencies are standing outside the gates of the job and so on.

Might pick up , personally I hope it doesn’t like. Market needs correcting as it’s / was out of control

Last edited:

Merchants are begging for graft . Spoke to a brick manufacturer and they are shitting themselves.

I’m buying wagon fulls of 100mm PIR insulation for £20 now, it was £45 2 year ago .

Suppliers are struggling, subbies are “ ticking over …” agencies are standing outside the gates of the job and so on.

Might pick up , personally I hope it doesn’t like. Market needs correcting as it’s / was out of control
He’s back. How ya doing mate.

I had a Milwaukee 2nd fix gun for about 5 years, loved it. But then it started to misfire so I sent it away to be repaired, they got back to me saying that model gun is obsolete now and they can't get the parts to repair it so I had to buy the newer model as a replacement.
My heart was set on the 1st fix Milwaukee but they kept delaying its release date, eventually after 9 months of waiting I gave up and bought a Hikoki. A work mate bought the Milwaukee when it was eventually launched and it lasted 2 months before it stopped firing. It was replaced under warranty with a brand new one and he's never had a problem since.

A shite time to be desperate for work it seems, I know a few.

Nice to have canny repeat customers and the option to fuck something off if the resk/chew is too much. Avoiding another october meltdown! 😂

Mate of mine is a dryliner having to go all over the shop to get work. Last he was saying he was going to Scarborough and back every day.

Back