North East Construction Market

Any principal contractors or sub-contractors should try and sign up to North East Procurement Portal (NEPO) as it’s where most of not all public sector projects are published. Should be able to setup notifications for any new projects released (suspect it will be mainly for Principal Contractor lead schemes).

Any principal contractors or sub-contractors should try and sign up to North East Procurement Portal (NEPO) as it’s where most of not all public sector projects are published. Should be able to setup notifications for any new projects released (suspect it will be mainly for Principal Contractor lead schemes).

It's a pain in the arse to use mind, it's never changed in 20 years.
But yes there is work to be had on there 👍

We are signed up to it, but it seems to be geared up towards Main Contractors?

Nah you can get work as a subcontractor like a plasterer, roofing company etc or even just a supplier for materials like merchants.
It's just a bit messy and longwinded but once you're on and set your filters up you can get work.
Will have another go through it on Monday. Thanks mate

If you get stuck pm me I'll get you an e mail add for someone that will help get you on and set up properly.
My place uses it for subbies and I sometimes use it for materials but I try not to if I can.
Thanks mate, not looking to roof the world, but would be great to get a couple of decent jobs up home to compliment what we do down south.

Thanks mate, not looking to roof the world, but would be great to get a couple of decent jobs up home to compliment what we do down south.
Our stuff is for house bashers but there will be plenty commercial on there too when it comes up, schools, leisure centres etc.
The good thing about it is that a lot of contractors can't be arsed with it so if you do spend a little time getting it right you're only bidding against a few people not loads.
We sometimes only get 2 or 3 submissions or less sometimes.

Our stuff is for house bashers but there will be plenty commercial on there too when it comes up, schools, leisure centres etc.
The good thing about it is that a lot of contractors can't be arsed with it so if you do spend a little time getting it right you're only bidding against a few people not loads.
We sometimes only get 2 or 3 submissions or less sometimes.
Sounds good to me, I'd rather partner with a couple of decent main contractors early doors and help them with the design etc, than carpet bomb loads of quotes out.

Especially with how bad some specifiers can be with specs and systems that look good on paper but don't work or are just wrong in the real world

We are signed up to it, but it seems to be geared up towards Main Contractors?

It is but good thing is you get to hear when the main contractor work comes out and hopefully get in front of main contractors to help with quotes etc for the tenders.

There will be other general maintenance work as well I suspect.

There is also contracts finder on government website. Think public bodies have to put stuff on there as well.

It is but good thing is you get to hear when the main contractor work comes out and hopefully get in front of main contractors to help with quotes etc for the tenders.

There will be other general maintenance work as well I suspect.

There is also contracts finder on government website. Think public bodies have to put stuff on there as well.

Thanks mate, will have a look at that Monday as well

Not in construction but I believe Tolent are one of the main companies involved in the big South Seaham Garden Village project off of Noses Point. Groundwork looks to have started so if the rumours are true I’m guessing that will grind to a halt.

Back