No turning back now ....... It's our turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expensive day out that was......nothing to show except a programme and two f***ing flags.
We laugh we have to. You ain't got a clue what it's like mate following a club like Swindon. Would you stay the distance ?
If yes then fair play.
Tbf mate, you come across spot on tI me and others by the looks of it. You stick by your club and obviously cares deeply about it. Most of us decent folk can understand and associate with that. Must of been a right shutter for you yesterday like. Fair play, we think we have it bad at times, but you will watch worse than us. If it wasn't for people like you, sticking with your local side regardless, when plenty just go and support a man United or Chelsea, then football has failed tbh.

Good thread ruined by Phil. Unlucky Swindon, it's heartbreaking losing at Wembley.

Mind you I've held a long standing grudge against Swindon. It goes back to going down there for a midweek Milk Cup tie in 1985/86. They beat us 3-2, had a pitch invasion and loads of them threw coins into the away end and I got hit :(

Having slept on that and woken up feeling a little flat you simply have to pick yourself up.
Tipped for relegation at the beginning of last season thus way exceeded expectations. We simply were bullied, tactically beaten and risked the captain who clearly should never have started. Beckford was class yesterday however you don't give players of that quality the room we gave him.
Kids ok this Morning and I am sure with no long terms effects.

Read your posts and you know what you have helped lift me and I really appreciate that from not only great fans but decent human beings.
You know exactly the empty stomach feeling you get when losing an important match.
One thing though Wembley is not a place to lose. You just want to put your head down and get out. Great though seeing friends and fans you have known all of your life and even in the face of defeat and utter dejection you still can raise a smile.

On train back home a few Preston fans clearly happy, smiling and why shouldn't they be. Decent lot they were as well. Gazed up the carriage and spotted an ex school mate who takes his lad over the Country watching Swindon like me.
Couldn't help resist to shout out, "See you at Fleetwood Mate." Both Preston and Swindon fans at least with smiles and some laughter......
Will get over it I a few days time.

Once again SMB take a bow you have made an impression on me.

Having slept on that and woken up feeling a little flat you simply have to pick yourself up.
Tipped for relegation at the beginning of last season thus way exceeded expectations. We simply were bullied, tactically beaten and risked the captain who clearly should never have started. Beckford was class yesterday however you don't give players of that quality the room we gave him.

Read your posts and you know what you have helped lift me and I really appreciate that from not only great fans but decent human beings.
You know exactly the empty stomach feeling you get when losing an important match.
One thing though Wembley is not a place to lose. You just want to put your head down and get out. Great though seeing friends and fans you have known all of your life and even in the face of defeat and utter dejection you still can raise a smile.

On train back home a few Preston fans clearly happy, smiling and why shouldn't they be. Decent lot they were as well. Gazed up the carriage and spotted an ex school mate who takes his lad over the Country watching Swindon like me.
Couldn't help resist to shout out, "See you at Fleetwood Mate." Both Preston and Swindon fans at least with smiles and some laughter......

Good lad, chin up mate.

It's gut wrenching going to watch your team in a massive game and then not seeing them turn up at all, but from the little bit I've seen of Swindon this season you have the makings of a good young side. Just need to sort out the kamikaze defending and get a little bit of steel/experience in the middle of the park. You'll bounce back stronger next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back