Muchall to retire at end of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes it's worrying that Durham have let these lads get into the last year of their contracts without getting them resigned, it now means other clubs can invoke the 28 day rule and speak to them openly.
I said it on an earlier thread, the starting 11 next season could look a lot different to the current side.

Yeh there's an article by Dobell about it-approach appears fact rather than rumour. Notts need to replace Hales and can outbid Durham. Worrying 'cos there's nowt in the 2nd team.
Reading that article it looks like Hales is off so that gives Notts even more dough to play with although it looks like Chopra is first choice.

Yeh there's an article by Dobell about it-approach appears fact rather than rumour. Notts need to replace Hales and can outbid Durham. Worrying 'cos there's nowt in the 2nd team.

Ah really? Wasn't who I heard it from. Must be something in it then.

Ah really? Wasn't who I heard it from. Must be something in it then.
Aye, Dobell is normally well informed, he's one of the better cricket journalists IMHO.

Here's a thought, if Stoneman, Borthwick, Mustard all go, and Colly retires, the club might have to beg Muchy to stay on. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye, Dobell is normally well informed, he's one of the better cricket journalists IMHO.

Here's a thought, if Stoneman, Borthwick, Mustard all go, and Colly retires, the club might have to beg Muchy to stay on. :lol:
If colly retires and mustard goes there'll be headroom in the budget to send a little bit more coin Borthwick and Stoneman's way.

If colly retires and mustard goes there'll be headroom in the budget to send a little bit more coin Borthwick and Stoneman's way.

There's more than just those 2 out of contract though, and although they're 2 of our big players there's an awful lot of other contracts needing sorting as well. Sounds utterly shambolic behind the scenes

Talk on one of the Warwick messageboards are they can't afford to keep him as both Trott and Bell are back on the payroll and they have to make cuts to pay for them.

probably hoping borthwick gets an england contract and thereby england would be paying for borthwick to play for durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back