Most Stadium bans for Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fact they dont even know how many fans we get (not even close) suggests the article is a heap of shit. If they cant even research something as readily available as that which i could find in 20 seconds then i highly doubt they've got accurate sources for arrest figures.

Anyway, its a tiny number. I know people will say one is too many and all that, and theyre right, but i dont think it reflects badly on the overwhelmingly large number of non racists that follow the club; we're no higher than many others considering the attendences we get

http://www.purelyfootball.com/2015/...QtqvLoOz&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=pf

Making me cringe and Im disgusted that we are on this list. Anyone thats a racist needs to get the fuck out of our club imo.
There are too many variables in this to extract any kind of meaning from it. On the one hand, they haven't divided the racist "supporters" by the average crowd size. I think Man Utd should be given an honourable mention for only having the same number as Bolton despite having more than double the average attendance.
On the other hand, it speaks nothing of how draconian the stewardship is in each ground. In a ground where you're evicted for even thinking about standing up, you would think that you would be more likely to be caught.
Though it could be argued that the reason Blackburn had so many banned despite having so few fans is because if one of their fans were to shout something (good or bad) they would stick out like a sore thumb.

This being said I agree, racism is abhorrent and embarrassment to any club and its real supporters and the sooner the idiots get the message the better.

Not defending the folk banned at all, it's deplorable,but performance measurement was my area for 20 years and the table itself is utterly meaningless.

The effort made at clubs is a key factor. Up here there was outrage a couple of year ago at drunk driving offences surging around Christmas - right as the forces had a huge crackdown, then when after the same thing the next year it was down in comparison it was heralded that they had made it socially unacceptable. :eek:

These figures are so similar, for us over say ten years that's 0.00015% for Wigan's lower bans it is 0.00028% or nearly double - but that just illustrates the stupidity of making irrelevant calculations.

To look at the table and suggest the two north east teams are very different in racism levels, with us worse just shows the daftness of the exercise.

The article is a tabloid type piece of shit.
Any serious analysis would show the obvoius, that racism has declined over the decades but there are still plentyof idiots about at every club.

Go to any entertainment event that has 40,000 people and you will find racists, bigots, sexists, probably even people guilty of much worse crimes like rape.

However I can guarantee you that England will have one of the lowest quotas of racists fans in European football.
Most the other leagues don't do anything about it.

Go to any entertainment event that has 40,000 people and you will find racists, bigots, sexists, probably even people guilty of much worse crimes like rape.

And that's just on the pitch.

Those statistics don't seem to have any source so could easily be made up, though even if it is real it would still depend on how much different clubs clamp down on racists, lower bans could just mean other clubs aren't doing as much.

I must admit I've never really noticed anything at matches before, I did see a 'fan' in privilege before one a derby game take his shirt off to show a swastika tattoo on his chest and shout 'I'd rather be a p*ki than a mag', it left me quite speechless.

I can honestly say I have never heard any racist abuse where I stand.
I was right next to three morons making monkey noises at the back of the South Stand at the man city game.........thankfully there were thrown out and hopefully haven't been allowed back in.........

Is the article saying we have 12 people banned for racism?

Those statistics don't seem to have any source so could easily be made up, though even if it is real it would still depend on how much different clubs clamp down on racists, lower bans could just mean other clubs aren't doing as much.

I must admit I've never really noticed anything at matches before, I did see a 'fan' in privilege before one a derby game take his shirt off to show a swastika tattoo on his chest and shout 'I'd rather be a p*ki than a mag', it left me quite speechless.

England vs Turkey, that was sung very loudly but mag being replaced by Turk, there were 3 Asian lasses sat in front of me in the north stand who joined in, I wasn't sure what to make of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back