Most Stadium bans for Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen and heard it a few times when I had a season card in the south west corner a few years back. Not widespread, usually the same idiots.

Well done SAFC, actually trying to sort the problem.

I remember as a kid we were playing Wigan I think and at HT we used to run to near the dugouts, when Nathan Ellington was coming off the pitch some bloke, who must have been about 40 was shouting all kinds of racist shite at him. I was gutted.

I would hazard a guess that a lot of people actually think that is the sort of gate we attract.

As for the racism thing, its shameful to me that we are on the list and every one of those people has has let us all down badly. What you do when following our football club reflects on us all, so if you want to be a racist or a dick or violent, then please go and support someone else or even better, just stay away from the match.

Well said.

Seen and heard it a few times when I had a season card in the south west corner a few years back. Not widespread, usually the same idiots.

I reported a group of our fans at half time at an away game at Pompey a few years back. Nothing was done and they continued in the second half. A few months later there was the Spurs v Pompey game at Fratton with the SOL Campbell abuse and the media were all over it like a rash. Hampshire police suddenly wheeled all their big wigs out telling any media outlet that would listen that they had a zero tolerance of such things. Yeah right, the coppers I spoke to that day, could not be arsed and were too busy thinking how they were going to spend their overtime pay. I gave them seat numbers etc and told them there were a few spare seats they could get someone to sit in the second half and witness it first hand as a witness account from an undercover copper would be way more impressive than from a fan like me who had been enjoying the 'atmosphere' pre game.

They did nowt, despite having enough police on duty that day to police three Newcastle v Sunderland games.

ffs Jonesy the lad they're on about in that article. halfwits point him out and say 'who's that halfwit' and somehow we're racist because of him..jesus wept

I bet some clubs are more likely to ban than others though. You get hoyed out for farting in our ground.

ffs Jonesy the lad they're on about in that article. halfwits point him out and say 'who's that halfwit' and somehow we're racist because of him..jesus wept

Out of 43,000 of us, we are clearly not racist as a group, but it would be naive to think we don't have any racists in our midst and one is too many for me. The article is a bit inflammatory as it list clubs in a league table and when you have such small numbers involved it does not tell any real sort of story. It may just be that some clubs are better at prosecuting fans for this than others?

All of that is beside the point though as this is something we all need to take seriously and if possible self police. If you hear it, report it.

I reported a group of our fans at half time at an away game at Pompey a few years back. Nothing was done and they continued in the second half. A few months later there was the Spurs v Pompey game at Fratton with the SOL Campbell abuse and the media were all over it like a rash. Hampshire police suddenly wheeled all their big wigs out telling any media outlet that would listen that they had a zero tolerance of such things. Yeah right, the coppers I spoke to that day, could not be arsed and were too busy thinking how they were going to spend their overtime pay. I gave them seat numbers etc and told them there were a few spare seats they could get someone to sit in the second half and witness it first hand as a witness account from an undercover copper would be way more impressive than from a fan like me who had been enjoying the 'atmosphere' pre game.

They did nowt, despite having enough police on duty that day to police three Newcastle v Sunderland games.

I dont think you will ever eradicate it unfortunately. Makes me sick.

Heard some terrible shouts down Bradford like. We have a few utter tossers who follow us. Get the odd shout in the south stand but very very rare, it's just an occasional day tripper pissed up charver.
There's a bloke who randomly appears with a season ticket now and again next to me.

He called defoe a monkey and a nigger. He actually said it in a positive manner too. Said sommit like 'gerrin you little black monkey'. I was stunned.

There's a bloke who randomly appears with a season ticket now and again next to me.

He called defoe a monkey and a nigger. He actually said it in a positive manner too. Said sommit like 'gerrin you little black monkey'. I was stunned.
This surely never happened.

People go to games not wanting to get involved in potentially traumatic experiences. Crowds should be better policed by profesionals.

It's always going to happen and it isn't a reflection on Sunderland, or even football fans generally. It should always be improving but just like other prejudices it's a part of life, you can't tell somebody what to think, and some people won't think before they speak/act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back