Moore

I think with our attacking play he would get that, he'd certainly contribute
Moore or Gallagher? Moore would, not sure about Gallagher.

Ipswich want someone to hold the ball up as Hirst was doing, bringing others into play. Jackson isn’t that type of player and Ladapo isn’t good enough.

Moore or Gallagher? Moore would, not sure about Gallagher.

Ipswich want someone to hold the ball up as Hirst was doing, bringing others into play. Jackson isn’t that type of player and Ladapo isn’t good enough.
I was talking about Moore, sorry should have made that clearer

I'm not sure how that negates my point that the owner can choose to put in their own money to gain an advantage? Let's say a club was breaking even you could make £8m worth of signings, so you'd technically be losing £8m that year on the balance sheet, so the owner can put £8m in so the balance sheet says £0. So you're in the same position with £8m worth of players. It's a clear advantage to that team.
It certainly gives teams a level of advantage having owners who can put £8m in over owners who can't.

The only way to spend decent money in the transfer market in the Championship though is through the process of player sales. Or parachute payments.

Yeah, he’s still pretty good at this level.
My Welsh mate reckons Moore is desperate for game time to keep his place in the Welsh squad.

He also says he would do a job for a decent championship team like us, if only holding the ball up and creating space for others

Last edited:
Play offs for them..Southampton 2nd
Think Leeds will come through in the end.
As for Moore, I don’t really rate him.

Seems to only work hard when he can be arsed.

And his game is fairly limited.

Still, having sat through one a half seasons where we haven’t had an out ball, I’m probably in on him now. We’re just desperate for someone like that.

I think he might like it here as well. Feel he could have a good relationship with the crowd.

Last edited:
It certainly gives teams a level of advantage having owners who can put £8m in over owners who can't.

The only way to spend decent money in the transfer market in the Championship though is through the process of player sales. Or parachute payments.
Yep, that's all I was saying. I just think of how well our recruitment has been with a relatively small spend, if we'd added a £3m defensive midfielder and £4m striker to that than we could be looking at a completely different situation this season and going forward.

Think Leeds will come through in the end.
As for Moore, I don’t really rate him.

Seems to only work hard when he can be arsed.

And his game is fairly limited.

Still, having sat through one a half seasons where we haven’t had an out ball, I’m probably in on him now. We’re just desperate for someone like that.

I think he might like it here as well. Feel he could have a good relationship with the crowd.
It's going to be tight for the second slot, fancy Leeds for the playoff slot.

I know very little about Moore other than when watching him for Wales, where he's looked decent. I think your words desperate are spot on.

We need to be able to have a out through some direct play, and he fits the bill to get us up the pitch.

It's going to be tight for the second slot, fancy Leeds for the playoff slot.

I know very little about Moore other than when watching him for Wales, where he's looked decent. I think your words desperate are spot on.

We need to be able to have a out through some direct play, and he fits the bill to get us up the pitch.
Second? There's two slots to play for.

Don't think Kieffer Moore is going to Cardiff.
We are close to signing a Serbian striker, Andrej Ilij, from a Norwegian club for c. £3 million.
Would definitely now not be able to pay Moore's wages.
Personally, I'm not bothered about Moore going elsewhere. He may suit Sunderland, but you need accurate crossers of the ball, which is a dying art...

He was just transferred to his current Norwegian club in August 2023 signing a 4 year deal. Would he move on so quickly 🤔
That's the rumour.
Although French club, Lille, are also interested.
Looks like he will be sold by the Norwegian club (not fluent in Norse), to someone...

Back