Miss this bloke :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely brilliant. He was a real gentleman too.

When I was a lad, there was a kid in my street (with learning difficulties) who religiously went to the games early so he could get the opposition team players autographs when they went in. Clough was first off the coach and he asked for his autograph. He wouldn't let him have it but said for him to hang around for five minutes. After a while he came back out and ushered the lad through the barriers. He took him to the changing rooms to meet all of the players and got them to sign a football that he autographed too. Clough also let him sit in for the pre match talk when they were going through the tactics.

Nice fella.

Superb. Some great quotes in there.

When I was a lad, there was a kid in my street (with learning difficulties) who religiously went to the games early so he could get the opposition team players autographs when they went in. Clough was first off the coach and he asked for his autograph. He wouldn't let him have it but said for him to hang around for five minutes. After a while he came back out and ushered the lad through the barriers. He took him to the changing rooms to meet all of the players and got them to sign a football that he autographed too. Clough also let him sit in for the pre match talk when they were going through the tactics.

Nice fella.
Kin ell, hope mickey gray's reading

"and I'm far more qualified than you and your colleagues".....Motsons face is a picture after that one!

Why oh why could we not have got this man to manage us. We were his club.

He spoke his mind which is more than a lot of people these days.

Also, when you listen to that (Not only is he bang on) it actually offers the viewer something different and interesting instead of the usual humdrum boring PR shite most managers speak.

A one-off and sadly missed from the English game.

"I would have crawled over broken glass to manage Sunderland, but the board just weren't interested at the right times."

He has also said in books since that his interest in Sunderland was political in terms of strengthening his position at Forest / Derby.

Actually I'm going to choose to ignore that - I prefer the broken glass stuff.

He has also said in books since that his interest in Sunderland was political in terms of strengthening his position at Forest / Derby.

Actually I'm going to choose to ignore that - I prefer the broken glass stuff.

He was a clever and shrewd guy, and very blunt. If he could fake interest at one point for political benefit, he could just as easily fake denial later to endear himself to those he did spend his career with!

Nice fella.

Class. When I was a young un I waited for his autograph. He made the coach stay behind ages whilst he let all the waiting bairns on to meet the players and get their signatures l. He signed my book 'To Mark, be nice to your mam Brian Clough'. A proper one-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back