Miss this bloke :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should have managed England but the FA did not have the bottle to appoint him. We might have won something else with him in charge.

Used to see him at Burton Albion when his lad was in charge. Top man and funny as owt :)

Loved the bloke. My dad met him and had a pint with him in Whitburn social club. Said he was a joy to be with.

Used to live on the same street as one of our former players who played with Clough at SAFC. Didn't speak highly of him tbh, said he was rude, arrogant and none of the other players liked him either. Told me one story of him berating a waitress for bringing him the wrong meal or something to the extent that it reduced her to tears.

Great manager mind, could definitely be a complete prick sometimes though.

Treated people like shit, assaulted players and fans a like, drunk himself to death..... Yeah, what a legend...

Used to live on the same street as one of our former players who played with Clough at SAFC. Didn't speak highly of him tbh, said he was rude, arrogant and none of the other players liked him either. Told me one story of him berating a waitress for bringing him the wrong meal or something to the extent that it reduced her to tears.

Great manager mind, could definitely be a complete prick sometimes though.

i think you will find that with a lot of 'celebs', unfortunately they can do 20 years of good work and nothing is said then one bad choice of words or actions and it is headline stuff.
he was too outspoken for the england job, they have always wanted 'yes' men and that was one thing brian never was...and make no mistake, he was like all other managers and the chance of the 'top job' would have been in his mind but he never changed his ways just to fit the profile, i admire that about him.

Treated people like shit, assaulted players and fans a like, drunk himself to death..... Yeah, what a legend...

Roy Keane spoke very highly about him ....as did a lot of ex players. The world is a poorer place without him in it ;)

Drunken scumbag.

How was he a scumbag?

Who did he treat like shit? I take people as I find and he couldn't have been a friendlier bloke if he tried. He 'assaulted' people who were breaking the law and putting others at risk and he gave the odd player a cuff round the ear yet none of his players were involved in scandals many others have. I wonder why?

Last edited:
really wish I was alive when he was, I know he was alive for a few years when I was but I'd love to meet him

My Dar was gutted he never managed us, he always said he was the man to take us to the top where we belonged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back