Minimum Unit Pricing for Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree or disagree?

50p per unit.

Wouldn't actually make drink that much more expensive, would add about £1.50 on to the price of a multipack of Fosters, about 80p on the price of a four-pack of Special Brew. A bottle of Blossom Hill is already more than 50p per unit.

However it would increase the price of Frosty Jacks from £4.50 (£3.50 on 2 for £7) to £11.25 and the price of a bottle of ASDA's own Vodka from £10.00 to about £13.00.

Agree or disagree?

50p per unit.

Wouldn't actually make drink that much more expensive, would add about £1.50 on to the price of a multipack of Fosters, about 80p on the price of a four-pack of Special Brew. A bottle of Blossom Hill is already more than 50p per unit.

However it would increase the price of Frosty Jacks from £4.50 (£3.50 on 2 for £7) to £11.25 and the price of a bottle of ASDA's own Vodka from £10.00 to about £13.00.

Please tell me this is copy and pasted from somewhere and you didn't spend time on Asdas website compiling this list

Please tell me this is copy and pasted from somewhere and you didn't spend time on Asdas website compiling this list
He's turning into SBC.
He'll need another year at Uni, to get anywhere close.

I guarantee that one of you three will be the first to complain when you have to pay an extra £5 for something in a supermarket.

Then you'll rue the day you poured scorn upon me for starting this thread.

I hope you all fall down a well.

Agree or disagree?

50p per unit.

Can you work out how much a ten pack of biere de luxe would be?cheers.

Why would anybody want increased price?
Everybody pays extra because a small number of idiots overdo it. Increasing prices wont stop a heavy drinker or an alcoholic in any case

Did you enjoy the IPA?

It was actually really enjoyable. Shipwreck IPA if you see it.

I managed to get four pints and something to eat and change from £10. Mint.

Why would anybody want increased price?
Everybody pays extra because a small number of idiots overdo it. Increasing prices wont stop a heavy drinker or an alcoholic in any case

It might act as a deterrent. The Tories wanted to bring it in, and the SNP can't bring it in despise passing an act of the Scottish Parliament due to a pending legal challenge from the Scotch Whisky Association.

On the one hand I don't see why the majority should be penalised for the minority being dicks. On the other hand, everything I buy is over the minimum pence per unit anyway so fuck em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back