Memories of Danny Dichio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was it Bury who came up and time wasted for the entire match until he scored a late winning header?

Scoring in the last minute vs Villa at home only for the red to rule it out cos that plank David James had dived into his own man (Ehiogu I think). Would've won 2-1

sure this was a run of three games where we were scuppered by refs, liverpool maccalister penalty slide into the box and man u sprinkler trip or maybe the handball goal?

2001 when we beat Chelsea 2-4 the dichio came on for the last few minutes and we all was singing ooooo lay ooooo lay ooooo lay ooooo lay ooooo lay Danny dichio.. Great day out in London.. One of my best memory's

My main memory of him, apart from the playoff game, was him not scoring in his first 42 appearances for Preston then scoring the opener against us under Keane.

Always tried his best....but an absolute travesty that he was ahead of Bridges in the pecking order.....Spiteful of Reidy that I thought

He was ok. Expected more tbh. IIRC, he scored something like 13 in the prem for QPR the season before he went to Italy. Never really did much for us. Didn't do too much after either, if I'm honest.
His goal record was very decent for us

Not taking a penalty in the playoff final and then stepping up to take them in the first few weeks of the next season.

Chronic facial hair and terrible footballer.
Not fit to wipe niall Quinn's arse.

Always tried his best....but an absolute travesty that he was ahead of Bridges in the pecking order.....Spiteful of Reidy that I thought

Can't really remember properly but was it not a case of he replaced Quinn and Bridges replaced Phillips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back