Measured Respond to the window

Status
Not open for further replies.

We obviously look pretty good defensively but our options going forward are a joke, and if it's true about the way the clubs treated M'vila today then that's disgusting....

So we signed:
Papy
McNair
Love
Januzaj
Peinaar
Manquillo
N'Dong
Denayer
I'm happy with 6/8 of them

We sold:
Kaboul
Lens
And the dross
Gutted about Kaboul, but the rest was good business - did not lose Kone or Khazri

And we still have injuries to:
Mannone
Cattermole
Kirchoff
Larsson
Borini
Coming back anywhere between a few days to 5 months.

I must be losing my mind, because despite the reactions on here, I look at that, and I say "pretty damn good business, under difficult circumstances". Yes, I'm worried about Defoe and Pickford, but if nether get injured we'll have a cracking few months till January IMO.

Potential lineup against Everton:
Pickford
Manquillo - Kone - Papy - Aanholt
N'Dong - Rodwell
Watmore - Januzaj - Kazri
Defoe​
(Depending on Injures/suspensions)

Potential first choice lineup:
Mannone
Manquillo - Kone - Papy - Aanholt
NDong - Kirchoff
Borini - Januzaj - Khazri
Defoe​

That's a mid-table side if I've ever seen one. Just depends on injuries, as we are significantly lacking in depth. We have a lot of kids coming through at the moment, and they seem to be adapting well, better than some of the crap we have signed on big wages to warm the bench in recent seasons.

Things are looking up :cool:

Not enough, the fact free agents mentioned speaks volumes.

Long season ahead again, invest in Jan, hopefully.

Not sure what point you are trying to make.
If I was one of th Robsons , Ledger or the other CB who was close to the first team last preseason ,then got injured ( his name escapes me ) , I would be a bit put out that ,the management thought Love and McNair were better bets.

I agree. I wondered whether or not we would play them in the U-23 lot to develop them, since that would mean that two current lads, developed by us would find it harder to get a game in that team unless perhaps Gooch and Assoro (Sorry about the spelling) are moved up.

At present Love and McNair are both in the first team squad.

I agree with you about the Centre Back and the other lads you mentioned. They were good at the end of last season.

For those who want at least one discussion that doesn't descend into hysterical name calling.

This thread is an opportunity to take a breath, perhaps acknowledge there's a lot of unknowns but try to discuss what the team looks like without being a little bitch about it. Are there any free agent strikers that could do a job? Could the Everton fans who post on here shed some light on what Moyes might do without Defoe and Borini in terms of tactics? How might the team line up with the new signings? What's Denayer like?

Good luck with that mate :lol:

Denayer is supposed to be the real deal like. Makes me think we'll be playing him with Papy in front of the back four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back