Mason Cotcher

So this is now the 3rd high profile youngster to leave since 'takeover'. Clear route to first team was trumpeted initially but doesn't seem to be helping with retention.
Unfortunately that's always going to be the case, even if we were in the PL there's still the risk of young lads wanting to go elsewhere. It sounds like the family wanted him out as well for reasons other than football.

Unfortunately that's always going to be the case, even if we were in the PL there's still the risk of young lads wanting to go elsewhere. It sounds like the family wanted him out as well for reasons other than football.
Was that the same with the lady who went ti Brighton. Or Everton. Will have to wait and see but the pathway ti the first team appears blocked by foreign shyte.
Someone's going to be disappointed

So this is now the 3rd high profile youngster to leave since 'takeover'. Clear route to first team was trumpeted initially but doesn't seem to be helping with retention.

Where is the clear route to the first team? Rigg is the only one who has broken through and thats because he is a generational talent. We are singing young kids from Europe who cant even get it our team blocking the development of the likes of Middlemas, Kelly, Bainbridge to make the step up to the first team.

Was that the same with the lady who went ti Brighton. Or Everton. Will have to wait and see but the pathway ti the first team appears blocked by foreign shyte.

Someone's going to be disappointed
I agree with this bit. Ba, Mayenda, Hemir, Seelt, Triantis, Ekwah, Hjelde, Pembele, Aouchiche (add in Burstow too as he's not ours but is in the 1st team) are all distinctly average and blocking the route to all positions for our best youngsters.

Last edited:

You can't please or convince everybody, losing the odd one or two is inevitable, especially when the bigger clubs like United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc can offer much more tempting financial packages at pro deal. Much different to the systemic touting of youth happening under the previous owners.

Where is the clear route to the first team? Rigg is the only one who has broken through and thats because he is a generational talent. We are singing young kids from Europe who cant even get it our team blocking the development of the likes of Middlemas, Kelly, Bainbridge to make the step up to the first team.
Serious question. Do you think Middlemiss, Kelly and Bainbridge should be in our 1st team now?

Serious question. Do you think Middlemiss, Kelly and Bainbridge should be in our 1st team now?
The answer is probably no. But its also "no" for Hjelde, Ba, Triantis, Burstow, Pembele, Seelt, Mayenda and Hemir - all of whom have had game time and are regularly (or have been) in match day squads all season. I think id rather see our home grown youngsters getting more of these opportunities.

The answer is probably no. But its also "no" for Hjelde, Ba, Triantis, Burstow, Pembele, Seelt, Mayenda and Hemir - all of whom have had game time and are regularly (or have been) in match day squads all season. I think id rather see our home grown youngsters getting more of these opportunities.
I'd agree with Burstow and maybe Mayenda but the others are definitely ahead than the 3 mentioned

you can also look at the evidence and realise no tribunal in UK hostory has ever given £25mn as compo..
and realsie that tribunal fees are generally shit..so its better to negotiate..
Surely you can read my post and the evidence shows I was using extreme examples for illustrative purposes only

Back