Mark Knopfler

I have never forgiven Knopfler for making that awful song with James Taylor about the Mason Dixon Line - Sailing to Philadelphia. I quite like them independently of one another but that bloody song is absolutely terrible

It contains what must be one of the most cringworthy couplets in the entire history of song writing that sets my teeth on edge just reading it.

"Now you're a good surveyor, Dixon but I swear you'll make me mad
The West will kill us both you gullible Geordie lad"

I have never forgiven Knopfler for making that awful song with James Taylor about the Mason Dixon Line - Sailing to Philadelphia. I quite like them independently of one another but that bloody song is absolutely terrible

It contains what must be one of the most cringworthy couplets in the entire history of song writing that sets my teeth on edge just reading it.

I am Jeremiah Dixon
I am a Geordie boy
A glass of wine with you, sir
And the ladies I'll enjoy

I just listened to it…..

How on earth did two great talents write that shite?

Rhyming “ a baker’s boy “ with “ Iroquois “ was equally stomach churning.

Back