Mark Knopfler

Anyone using the image of the bridge should have to contribute to its refurb, cos it's a f***ing eyesore and Mr Money for Nothing never has the drive past the thing

It's an embarrassment. They can hoy cameras up and signs quick enough tho.

some serious money changed hands there... not sure why lot 42 was so desirable?! £693,000...

It is a 59 Les Paul Sunburst - something of a holy grail guitar which is very rare and has been mythologised to the point of them achieving stupid money if they have been owned by Joe Bloggs (Meet 'Sunny', a newly uncovered 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard from South Africa). I though the two 335's (38 and 39) in there would make more than they did as they are very rare too - made less than a Schecter Tele.......

The ‘83 Les Paul sold for close to 600k.. were people bidding on the wrong one? Mad.

I see he’s kept his ‘38 Advanced Jumbo.

A Kay Mandolin went for 16k.....I guess the 83 Les Paul sold because it was "MARK KNOPFLER’S 1983 LES PAUL ’59 REISSUE, USED TO RECORD ‘MONEY FOR NOTHING’ AND ‘BROTHERS IN ARMS’ obviously a lot of people with more money than sense.

Baby Jesus was born in a stable but that didn't make him a horse.
Last I knew about baby Jesus, he was a Jew born in a Jewish region ( Galilee).
I don’t think anyone other than you felt the need to point out he wasn’t actually a horse, we’d always thought he was born human but thanks for the non information that he definitely was NOT a horse. 👍

Mark Knopfler was born in a hospital. Surprisingly, that doesn’t make him a doctor or a nurse.

Last edited:
Last I knew about baby Jesus, he was a Jew born in a Jewish region ( Galilee).
I don’t think anyone other than you felt the need to point out he wasn’t actually a horse, we’d always thought he was born human but thanks for the non information that he definitely was NOT a horse. 👍

Mark Knopfler was born in a hospital. Surprisingly, that doesn’t make him a doctor or a nurse.

It was tongue-in-cheek like.

Back