Make An Indian Curry From Scratch - Al's Kitchen

where is the best place to get all these ingredients without going through the whole thread..........

I get everything at Asda. Might not be the cheapest, but its easy (as I tell the wife to do it)

I reckon that you must be paying through the nose if you buy Indian spices in a supermarket - they normally sell small containers (Shwartz size) of x,y or z for three times the price of a good sized pack in an Asian shop.

When I lived in the UK Tesco (iirc) had started selling packs of Natco spices, which are excellent, but were still far more expensive (for the same product) than the local Asian grocer.

Last edited:
I reckon that you must be paying through the nose if you buy Indian spices in a supermarket - they normally sell small containers (Shwartz size) of x,y or z for three times the price of a good sized pack in an Asian shop.

When I lived in the UK Tesco (iirc) had started selling packs of Natco spices, which are excellent, but were still far more expensive (for the same product) than the local Asian grocer.

Aye, probably.
But its a 20 mile round trip (and 2 hours) to go to an Asian shop for me.

Ebay might actually be better for me.

Tesco world food aisle is very good for the big bags of spices for about the same price as the Asian supermarket.

Aye, probably.
But its a 20 mile round trip (and 2 hours) to go to an Asian shop for me.

Ebay might actually be better for me.
See above.

Tesco world food aisle is very good for the big bags of spices for about the same price as the Asian supermarket.

See above.
They do all that in sainsburys, but they must be 50% more expensive.

www.spicesofindia.co.uk/

Meant to be very good, if a bit slow to deliver (or was it another online place that took a while)

Aye, probably.
But its a 20 mile round trip (and 2 hours) to go to an Asian shop for me..
Do you walk like? :eek:

Back