LVCC - Durham v Somerset

Status
Not open for further replies.

j overton is just coming back from injury, quick bowlers always take time to get used to bowling rhythm in regards to the no balls

Frustrating this but we keep losing wickets at the worst times. Not long til Tea now Colly has gone. 219-5. Jennings has to make a ton now like.

Marty reckons Colly was robbed. Inside edge he says.

Just got back from it not long ago. 300 must be on for us surely. Jennings was a pleasure to watch but seeing the likes of Stoneman getting out so easily was frustrating.

In an unrelated note; Seeing that Austins has changed it's name to 'Jets' is completely silly though.

still not bad as long as the rest chip in

I'd settle for 300 like. Just very frustrating because at 219-4 we were well set, we'd done plenty of graft, everything suggested 350+.

Now, we've got a job on to make 300. Last batsmen at the crease.

2 overs to the new ball, these two have put on 40 and are just rebuilding well - so in keeping with the pattern of the day we'll lose a wicket around about now.

Considering there were only a couple of scores over 300 at CLS last season this is a decent total.

I'd have been delighted with 300 before play, but as I say, going off what the commentators are saying and what Tim Wellock has said - there's not a lot of demons in this pitch. Added to Somerset's depleted and fragile bowling attack, I can't help thinking we're slightly underachieving with 283-7 on the board.

Trego on to bowl, new ball not yet taken.

New ball now taken. 1 ball after it could've been!

I'd have been delighted with 300 before play, but as I say, going off what the commentators are saying and what Tim Wellock has said - there's not a lot of demons in this pitch. Added to Somerset's depleted and fragile bowling attack, I can't help thinking we're slightly underachieving with 283-7 on the board.

Trego on to bowl, new ball not yet taken.
been watching he football all day so haven't really heard much about what it's playing like.

Well we'll see how somerset fare tomorrow before judging the score.

290-7 - 50 partnership. Be great if these two can take us past 300.

Tell you what like, for anyone listening, the BBC Bristol commentator is even more cynical than me :lol:

300 up :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back