LVCC - Durham v Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just checked Cricinfo and that's what they're saying. It looks like it's brightening up, so hopefully they take an early lunch, or would that be too sensible?

I don't think sensible applies to County Umpires. I remember a few years ago we were playing Notts at home and play finally started in the afternoon - they were only on for twenty minutes before they were off for Tea. :rolleyes:

I don't think sensible applies to County Umpires. I remember a few years ago we were playing Notts at home and play finally started in the afternoon - they were only on for twenty minutes before they were off for Tea. :rolleyes:
These two seem to be on the ball. An early lunch has been taken, but covers still on, so possibility of play at 12:40? Definitely getting brighter, though that could just be me being hopeful .....

These two seem to be on the ball. An early lunch has been taken, but covers still on, so possibility of play at 12:40? Definitely getting brighter, though that could just be me being hopeful .....

Hopefully two full sessions then.

Umpires are out there now with ground staff. No movement on the covers front yet and looks a little dimmer out there ..... Fingers well crossed ......

I'm a mile to the west of the ground and it got a lot brighter here in the last 10 mins

it'll be there in a minute
You're right Sandboy - it's getting better and seems to be burning off the mist/fret. Ground staff just standing around and umpires still in the Pavilion, but looking a lot more hopeful.

Umpires still not happy with the light, so no go ........ Yet

Last edited:
I've gone home, was sick oft he lack of information from the club. Will keep an eye out and might head back down if it changes. Doubt it though.

I've gone home, was sick oft he lack of information from the club. Will keep an eye out and might head back down if it changes. Doubt it though.
I won't be far behind. Just having another Pedigree then on my way :cry:

Well, still no play and they've just announced that tea will be taken early at 2:40 ...... I think we can call it a day as it's not getting any lighter here .....:cry:

Last edited:

Well, still no play and they've just announced that tea will be taken early at 2:40 ...... I think we can call it a day as it's not getting any lighter here .....:cry:
Will their lunch have gone down before they start tea? Seems a bit soon.

Shite. Thanks for the update Dougal.

Are floodlights allowed for the County Championship?

If so we need to get some in for next season instead of just waiting for the next World Cup

We haven't got any money for floodlights - if it wasn't for Stokes getting a central contract we'd be struggling to bring in an overseas player next season! Thank goodness we've already secured our place in the top division next season ....... roll on tomorrow ... to cap it all it's now raining!!

We haven't got any money for floodlights - if it wasn't for Stokes getting a central contract we'd be struggling to bring in an overseas player next season! Thank goodness we've already secured our place in the top division next season ....... roll on tomorrow ... to cap it all it's now raining!!

Well we need floodlights before the next World Cup in England according to Harker otherwise we wont be able to stage any WC games. He seems determined to bring them in.

Well we need floodlights before the next World Cup in England according to Harker otherwise we wont be able to stage any WC games. He seems determined to bring them in.
Potential money earners, so if he can find the investment they'll certainly pay for themselves. Also mean we don't sit in the stands all day waiting for the light to improve!!! They won't come cheap though ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back