Love seeing young un's so positive about Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

My eldest lad had his season ticket 5\6 year now, he's seen us beat man city plenty, the capital one cup run plus Wembley, the seminar old Trafford 6 in a row n them last two v Chelsea n Everton plus more highs than the bottles of corona will let me remember, I at his age got to see Paul f***ing hardyman peter f***ing davenport relegation in 90, terry f***ing butcher Mick f***ing Buxton then Gareth f***ing hall the lucky little b'stard he is

Oh god! I had erased them from my memory, nightmares tonight now!

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional. I for one intend to grow old as disgracefully as I can ;)

I am already doing it :)

I'll go with that story :lol:

There were a few moments, Gordon Armstrongs header, Gary Bennett chucking Speedie into the clockstand, Gary Rowells hat-trick, John Kay rowing off the pitch on his stretcher
The cup semi at Hillsborough was one of the greatest days of my life (17 years of age and on the lash with me da) watching hardyman try to kick budgies head off for saving his pen in the play off semi

There were a few moments, Gordon Armstrongs header, Gary Bennett chucking Speedie into the clockstand, Gary Rowells hat-trick, John Kay rowing off the pitch on his stretcher
John Kays rowing is one of the best things I've ever seen, people laughing at someone with a broken leg isn't natural, but when u see them now with gas and air and full body braces on for broken toe nails they should be made to sit in a head clamp with the video of him rowing off pitch lazered into the eyeballs , with the simple tag line it hurts,deal with it like a man

John Kays rowing is one of the best things I've ever seen, people laughing at someone with a broken leg isn't natural, but when u see them now with gas and air and full body braces on for broken toe nails they should be made to sit in a head clamp with the video of him rowing off pitch lazered into the eyeballs , with the simple tag line it hurts,deal with it like a man
It was brilliant like

The cup semi at Hillsborough was one of the greatest days of my life (17 years of age and on the lash with me da) watching hardyman try to kick budgies head off for saving his pen in the play off semi
Another two good examples of the good bits :lol:

It was the fact that we were so bad that I now appreciate a win so much these days. 3 points can literally make or break your whole week or month.

Back then wins were so rare and the football was so bad! But the main moments for me was being able to stand in the paddocks or the Fulwell and be within feet of the players. Watching the crowd and seeing the chanting and crowd interaction literally had me hooked at 4 years old!! I'm not sure if kids really get that now.

Kids will never get to experience the amazing atmosphere of Roker, but they are almost spoilt at the minute in relative terms!!! My young uns will be starting to go in the next couple of years, and I can't wait to see their reactions...

It was the fact that we were so bad that I now appreciate a win so much these days. 3 points can literally make or break your whole week or month.

Back then wins were so rare and the football was so bad! But the main moments for me was being able to stand in the paddocks or the Fulwell and be within feet of the players. Watching the crowd and seeing the chanting and crowd interaction literally had me hooked at 4 years old!! I'm not sure if kids really get that now.

Kids will never get to experience the amazing atmosphere of Roker, but they are almost spoilt at the minute in relative terms!!! My young uns will be starting to go in the next couple of years, and I can't wait to see their reactions...
I dont know the atmosphere at both chelsea and everton got hold of young phun. Hes 14 and still buzzing

Roker Park was something that they'll never understand. I used to live the walk to the ground for a night match, seeing the floodlights all lit up and the buzz and the smells from the hotdog/burger stalls. Then walking in and seeing how green the pitch looked.
I'm sure your young uns will love it.

Roker Park was something that they'll never understand. I used to live the walk to the ground for a night match, seeing the floodlights all lit up and the buzz and the smells from the hotdog/burger stalls. Then walking in and seeing how green the pitch looked.
I'm sure your young uns will love it.

My parents never smoked in my lifetime ( my dad was a tight bastard like me so stopped when the prices were going up in the 50s) but I developed a love of tobacco smoke from the terraces at Blackburn as a young lad ( the love of it has gone now lol)

The whole magic of the ground, even with 6000 there, under floodlights. Those special European nights at Anfield were replicated for Division 3 games at Blackburn.

My parents never smoked in my lifetime ( my dad was a tight bastard like me so stopped when the prices were going up in the 50s) but I developed a love of tobacco smoke from the terraces at Blackburn as a young lad ( the love of it has gone now lol)

The whole magic of the ground, even with 6000 there, under floodlights. Those special European nights at Anfield were replicated for Division 3 games at Blackburn.
Me dad smoked a pipe, still does and I sometimes still associate the smell of it with Roker Park, mind on some of those wet and windy afternoon/nights watching him try yo light it was hilarious :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back