Loaning players that you signed from another club should be banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
So teams can only loan out youth academy products? Or is there a limit? Not all loans situations are the same, look at the various reasons we sent players out last year. I get your point though, it's not right but I don't see any sort of solution without unfairly punishing other teams who use the system fairly.

Who uses the system fairly ?

IMHO - you send out youth players (Henderson, Colback) out on load for experience

Victor Moses - Chelsea to Liverpool is f***ing stupid and should not be allowed

It's a simple idea and may prevent young lads ( Rodwell, Sinclair, Moses and the vast majority of the Southampton youth team) jumping ship so soon

Who uses the system fairly ?

IMHO - you send out youth players (Henderson, Colback) out on load for experience

Victor Moses - Chelsea to Liverpool is f***ing stupid and should not be allowed

It's a simple idea and may prevent young lads ( Rodwell, Sinclair, Moses and the vast majority of the Southampton youth team) jumping ship so soon
Do we use it unfairly? Was it unfair that we got Johnny Evans or welbeck or ki?

What rule are you proposing? I just don't see a way you could change it but still keep the benefits. Or are you just saying loans from the top 4 teams?

Will stop all the big clubs signing potentially good players then loaning then back out when they aren't quite good enough.
so because of your ill conceived petulance you'd prefer to see smaller clubs possibly go under and young players have development stunted?
marvellous!

What rule are you proposing? I just don't see a way you could change it but still keep the benefits. Or are you just saying loans from the top 4 teams?
he's a jumpers for goalposts aficianado methinks

Evans and Welbeck were brought up through Man United youth system and were never bought/transfered to the club - therefore they would be allowed to go on loan to gain experience.

so because of your ill conceived petulance you'd prefer to see smaller clubs possibly go under and young players have development stunted?
marvellous!

Explain to me how that would happen. I would think that younger players would end up playing more games by staying at their current clubs OR making gradual steps up the league to clubs where they will get game time

Evans and Welbeck were brought up through Man United youth system and were never bought/transfered to the club - therefore they would be allowed to go on loan to gain experience
so we wouldn't have had borini or ki or Alonso last season? You've basically just relegated us, ruined Connor Wickhams career and lumbered us with diakite and ndaiye.

so we wouldn't have had borini or ki or Alonso last season? You've basically just relegated us, ruined Connor Wickhams career and lumbered us with diakite and ndaiye.

Perhaps clubs would buy more wisely ?

Connor Wickham would probably be a better player, with more game time, had we not bought him and left him at Ipswich for a few more years

Perhaps clubs would buy more wisely ?

Connor Wickham would probably be a better player, with more game time, had we not bought him and left him at Ipswich for a few more years
Do you think players benefit more from game time in lower leagues or from being in a team with top class facilities, colleagues and coaches?

Do you think players benefit more from game time in lower leagues or from being in a team with top class facilities, colleagues and coaches?

Bit of both - since they may not get the games at the top class team

I just think it may be a way of stopping the top teams hoovering up the better young players giving teams like us more of a chance to sign them

What is it then - (apologies for asking a ridiculous question) ?

They've invested in a young player with potential who isn't experienced enough for their first team but needs to develop by getting that experience best way to do that is to loan them out.

Will stop all the big clubs signing potentially good players then loaning then back out when they aren't quite good enough.

Agreed - its akin to joint ownership really.

Although, how you police it is tricky - you can't say that all other teams can loan a player, except for one.

Loans between premier teams should be banned , players should go to championship, I believe chesea loan players tactically such as sturridge before he went to liverpool and the belgium lad at everton , at one time the loan system was used for emergency purposes now its part of a normal squad system , by useing a loanee from another club you stop the development of your own players

Agreed - its akin to joint ownership really.

Although, how you police it is tricky - you can't say that all other teams can loan a player, except for one.

You stop loans of players who have been transfered into the club - anyone brought through youths can go on loan for experience. IMHO clubs should not be buying up young players to loan them straight back out to someone else. Proves that they actually do not need that player so why be allowed to buy then loan them?

Bullshit.

If anything they are helping aid the players development by not making him change environment for the sake of it.

You stop loans of players who have been transfered into the club - anyone brought through youths can go on loan for experience. IMHO clubs should not be buying up young players to loan them straight back out to someone else. Proves that they actually do not need that player so why be allowed to buy then loan them?

That's why I made the link between this practise and joint-ownership. Its a different way to do it, but the reasons and the outcome are similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back