Lee Cattermole.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday seemed to mean an awful lot to those players. Are they starting to understand? We have had some very good reactions to Derby day wins, more than a normal 3 pointer. It's good to see the passion and the belief all the way to the final whistle. Iv seen more than 1 Sunderland side collapse well before then.

Sunday seemed to mean an awful lot to those players. Are they starting to understand? We have had some very good reactions to Derby day wins, more than a normal 3 pointer. It's good to see the passion and the belief all the way to the final whistle. Iv seen more than 1 Sunderland side collapse well before then.
Think they started to understand 4 games against them ago mara

I have to admit that I slagged him off at the start of last season. He was a liability. Different story now.

There is nothing wrong with holding your hand up to say you were wrong about Cattermole, in all honesty there should be a large number of people on here (me included) who should do the same as well!

So here goes, I was wrong about Cattermole when I said he was a liability in the past (ironically when talking about a derby game if I remember correctly!)

I think he has grown from a liability hot-head into a stable and composed head in the centre of our midfield. He plays such a strong role in there. My favourite player in the team.

It was definitely noticeable when he was subbed on Sunday as well, Sissiko was finding space a lot easier.

I'm counting down the days until I can be bothered to reply to that c unt patrik Collins in the daily mail who labelled him a journey man about 4 year ago. I sent him an email when he first said it and he replied saying he stood by the offending comment, the lad was 22 Ffs.
So send him another reminding him what he said to see if he sticks by his view.

Frightening to think how close we were to selling him in January too! I'm happy to admit being wrong about him.....

I'm counting down the days until I can be bothered to reply to that c unt patrik Collins in the daily mail who labelled him a journey man about 4 year ago. I sent him an email when he first said it and he replied saying he stood by the offending comment, the lad was 22 Ffs.

Eh? :lol:

At 26 years old he's played for three clubs. He's made over 100 appearances for us ffs. :lol:

Sadly people still focus on the odd silly tackle or lunge which with his reputation the commentators/pundits pounce upon. He'll never shake off his 'dirty' tag.

Any idea why he was subbed on Sunday? Was it tiredness or risking a red? Neither appeared obvious....
He easily could have been on a yellow after 20 seconds. It was certainly to avoid a red imo.

Mind if someone says he had a icepack on, I think it was just precautionary covering both bases. Bridcutt has came to the fore in recent weeks so it was a sub I was happy with.

Still hate the way the media portray him to be some kind of anti footballer who just stops other better players doing their stuff by fouling them.

He has matured into a very good player and deserves a lot of credit (but he won't get it). As the OP said, every team needs a Cattermole type.

He was getting a lot of praise on Sky before the game, think the media perception of him is slowly turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back