Lancashire v Middlesex

Status
Not open for further replies.

It'll be interesting tactically. Lancashire need to win and outscore Middx by 3 bonus points to stay up and send them down. I can foresee some strange declarations with 5 or 8 wickets down.

I looked at the table earlier on and Middlesex are massive favourites to stay up. By my reckoning they only need 6 points to be mathematically safe so if they bowl Lancashire out and then score 300 in their first innings - all within the required overs, which is hardly mindblowingly difficult, then they should be safe. hope so as I want a trip to Lords next year!

I looked at the table earlier on and Middlesex are massive favourites to stay up. By my reckoning they only need 6 points to be mathematically safe so if they bowl Lancashire out and then score 300 in their first innings - all within the required overs, which is hardly mindblowingly difficult, then they should be safe. hope so as I want a trip to Lords next year!
Bowling Lancashire out for under 300 will do it, or, if they bat first, scoring 400 while losing 8 wickets or fewer at the cut-off point.

I would prefer to watch Leicester v Derbyshire personally.

Sky wankfest if the mighty Lancashire stay up

Sky wankfest over Gus Fraser is the mighty Middlesex stay up..

when does it start? will be a giggle to see lancs go down

I would prefer to watch Leicester v Derbyshire personally.

Sky wankfest if the mighty Lancashire stay up

Sky wankfest over Gus Fraser is the mighty Middlesex stay up..
Aye and there'll be no mention at all during 4 days transmissions that it's the teams of the England manager and a England selector that are fighting out a relegation battle.

Sun is out, much better batting conditions today. Ha'way Lanky.

Lancs 220/5

Interesting decision possibly if they get to 250 without losing another wicket. They could declare then with the +3 bonus point swing they need, then just have to win the game.......

Last edited:
Sun is out, much better batting conditions today. Ha'way Lanky.

Lancs 220/5

Interesting decision possibly if they get to 250 without losing another wicket. They could declare then with the +3 bonus point swing they need, then just have to win the game.......
That's good thinking. 245/6 now off 93, so 55 from 17 overs with the luxury of a couple of 'free' wickets would do it. Then after the 110 are up they can have a thrash to boost the first innings lead.

That's good thinking. 245/6 now off 93, so 55 from 17 overs with the luxury of a couple of 'free' wickets would do it. Then after the 110 are up they can have a thrash to boost the first innings lead.

259/6 off 96 at the close so they need 41 for no more than 2 wickets off 14 overs in the morning, then try and set the game up.

looks like lancs are winning this. gutted after a quality week at lords recently :cry:

you lot up in the north east are greedy, you can go to all the home games, can't i have one sodding game in the south east?

12 needed with 2 left, 4.2 overs

looks like lancs are winning this. gutted after a quality week at lords recently :cry:

you lot up in the north east are greedy, you can go to all the home games, can't i have one sodding game in the south east?

Well atleast we have Surrey in the One Day cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back