KLD in a quandary

If he has a new manager lined up weeks beforehand he thinks will give us a go at promotion next season. Then by some divine intervention Doddsy takes us up this season. Would be the most Sunderland thing ever 😄
Not going to happen. We are missing too many key players to sustain a push. We need experience for me and gues what???? we have none! 🤷‍♂️ ciz we got shot of them!

Not going to happen. We are missing too many key players to sustain a push. We need experience for me and gues what???? we have none! 🤷‍♂️ ciz we got shot of them!
You’ll win nowt with kids right enough 😄. Being facetious marra. We’ve enough talent in our squad to be playing better than we have done lately, but it’s the type of tough old league where experience counts. Saying that, it’s mental to think we’ve lost 14 games already and still only 4 points outside the playoffs. A decent run and we’re in there. Realistically I don’t think we’ve enough to get through them mind you.

You’ll win nowt with kids right enough 😄. Being facetious marra. We’ve enough talent in our squad to be playing better than we have done lately, but it’s the type of tough old league where experience counts. Saying that, it’s mental to think we’ve lost 14 games already and still only 4 points outside the playoffs. A decent run and we’re in there. Realistically I don’t think we’ve enough to get through them mind you.
Agreed, never say never. It will take a large serving of luck to do it though.

What happens to Dodds after this? Surely nobody is going to want him there as coach after he has been manager for a while and why would he want to.
My thoughts too, it's a strange one but I really don't think they have a clue what they are doing anymore, got lucky with Mowbray in that players and fans seemed to respond to him, then hung him out to dry by not dealing with the odd deficiency in the squad that would have made the difference, we were so close but blew it by penny-pinching. Season cards are up for renewal soon and we are basically a rudderless ship with little or no plan going forward, they thought they knew best sacking Tony, they thought they knew best replacing him with Beale despite no one being enthusiastic about his appointment and they thought they knew best regarding the Newcastle game - I can confidently say they don't know best .....

KLD is clueless to be fair. Then again, he is very young and needs to be afforded some slack.

Unfortunately, Soeakman has his ear and that’s an issue. He’s as bad at picking managers as he is centre forwards.
True, but he’s learning on the job and it’s real life, not a uni project or a computer game.

I was close to typing that he’s affecting life at OUR club but I suppose that it’s HIS club so we can’t do much about it - apart from bouycoutting.

Spot on

No leader anywhere on the pitch of any consequence

Just loads of younguns ripe for being bullied
Yer man for Huddersfield the other night. Thomas. Midfielder with the ankle socks. He said words to the effect that they knew they could bully us and get something from the game. Similar to teams nullifying us by sitting deep in a low block (Cardiff) and knowing we’ll find it difficult. To others doubling up on Clarke. Or fronting up physically in the knowledge that Ekwah and Jobe can’t or won’t go toe to toe physically and we lose the midfield battle.
A good manager will adapt tactics and playing style to counter different teams as best he can with what’s available. I think one of TM failings was he often didn’t seem to have a plan B, except for a clatter of subs on 80 minutes. Beale showed very little at all.
I’ve thought for a while that some of the best managers in the lower leagues often come with some sort of previous international coaching experience. They’re used to getting the best of what’s available to them.

Last edited:
My thoughts too, it's a strange one but I really don't think they have a clue what they are doing anymore, got lucky with Mowbray in that players and fans seemed to respond to him, then hung him out to dry by not dealing with the odd deficiency in the squad that would have made the difference, we were so close but blew it by penny-pinching. Season cards are up for renewal soon and we are basically a rudderless ship with little or no plan going forward, they thought they knew best sacking Tony, they thought they knew best replacing him with Beale despite no one being enthusiastic about his appointment and they thought they knew best regarding the Newcastle game - I can confidently say they don't know best .....
They simply have to show some ambition with the next one along with a little flex I’m the recruitment or whoever they hire will struggle just like Mowbray and Beale. The squad is lacking and will be worse next year without Clarke. They built the fans hopes up and when Speakman picked Beale it was only ever going to go one way. Beale got the brunt of everyone’s frustrations with the club. His employers completely under estimated how a lot of fans feel. There we were seemingly chasing some of Europe’s finest up and coming coaches and we got Beale.

If he has a new manager lined up weeks beforehand he thinks will give us a go at promotion next season. Then by some divine intervention Doddsy takes us up this season. Would be the most Sunderland thing ever 😄

No the most Sunderland thing would be a late run, ending in a play-off defeat, which blinds the fan base to the reality that promotion is unlikely with Dodds, but morale is good, so we keep him anyway, sacked by November. Rinse and repeat.

Sound familiar? It is.

That simply won't happen. The bigger quandary will be what to do if Dodds loses 4 or 5 on the bounce.
That might well happen as, if we have any sense, this will now be a development season for the kids . Aouchiche, Seelt, Mundle , Rigg , Pembele , Hemir, hjelde , even Jewi if we can recall him .
Seasons over playoff wise , lets use it , let the bairns make mistakes and learn .

That might well happen as, if we have any sense, this will now be a development season for the kids . Aouchiche, Seelt, Mundle , Rigg , Pembele , Hemir, hjelde , even Jewi if we can recall him .
Seasons over playoff wise , lets use it , let the bairns make mistakes and learn .
They won't be thinking that way nor should they. Game at a time and try and win every game and finish as high as possible.

Well that will be a waste to finish 8th and have dissafected youth that we're planning on using next season . Kids only have so much patience
We've blooded enough young uns all season mate. I'd like to see Rigg and Aouchiche get more game time and Seelt who will now get his chance now that Ballard is out for a couple of games.

We've blooded enough young uns all season mate. I'd like to see Rigg and Aouchiche get more game time and Seelt who will now get his chance now that Ballard is out for a couple of games.
Yeah those are the lads i mean. But even on top of that we need to see what Styles and Pembele can do and also Hjelde tried at CB . We could even do a bit of experiment at DM , see if we can use one ( Seelt, Luke, Trai)
After another couple of losses we are effectively in competitive practice match territory

Last edited:
Losing faith KLD knows what he is doing. Looks out of his depth to me. KLD needs to sell the club to a person or persons willing to invest and know what they are doing. Not an Ellis Short type though, he had the money but clueless.

Yeah those are the lads i mean. But even on top of that we need to see what Styles and Pembele can do and also Hjelde tried at CB . We could even do a bit of experiment at DM , see if we can use one ( Seelt, Luke, Trai)
I get where you're coming from but you won't hear anything along the lines of 'writing off the season' from the club when absolutely anything can happen between now and the end of the season.
It sounds to me like the lads might actually get a big lift now that Beale has gone and if Dodds can get them back to how Mowbray had us playing or even the couple of games he was in charge we may yet go on a little run.
I'm not saying I think we'll make the play offs but the desire should be there to do whatever we can do to win football matches.

I get where you're coming from but you won't hear anything along the lines of 'writing off the season' from the club when absolutely anything can happen between now and the end of the season.
It sounds to me like the lads might actually get a big lift now that Beale has gone and if Dodds can get them back to how Mowbray had us playing or even the couple of games he was in charge we may yet go on a little run.
I'm not saying I think we'll make the play offs but the desire should be there to do whatever we can do to win football matches.
Yeah sure but id hate to see the same hackneyed path played out till season end with changes untried just to win two more games

Back