Kieffer Moore

Moore sums up everything about where we’re at. I’ve no idea I’d be was even interested in Sunderland mind you.

But being 31 and dropping from the premier league he has the skill set and experience we needed in a position we were desperate to sign anything resembling a championship quality player.

Despite ticking all the boxes he would have come with a wage the owners wouldn’t sign off on and his age means he doesn’t get past first base.

Moore sums up everything about where we’re at. I’ve no idea I’d be was even interested in Sunderland mind you.

But being 31 and dropping from the premier league he has the skill set and experience we needed in a position we were desperate to sign anything resembling a championship quality player.

Despite ticking all the boxes he would have come with a wage the owners wouldn’t sign off on and his age means he doesn’t get past first base.
Loan fee & wagers was the problem to much cost for a 6 months loan

He clearly wasn't interested in signing for us, he'd played at Ipswich in the past, it's closer to his home and they were higher in the table.

The same posters are desperate to bump this thread every time he scores, it's strange.

Everyone knew he was a good striker and would have improved our side, I don't think many, if any disputed that, but even if he had wanted to sign, where we were in the table meant it would have been a significant risk considering the wages he demanded and loan fee.

He clearly wasn't interested in signing for us, he'd played at Ipswich in the past, it's closer to his home and they were higher in the table.

The same posters are desperate to bump this thread every time he scores, it's strange.

Everyone knew he was a good striker and would have improved our side, I don't think many, if any disputed that, but even if he had wanted to sign, where we were in the table meant it would have been a significant risk considering the wages he demanded and loan fee.
We were 6th in the table after beating Preston on New Years Day.

If, as they’d laughably have us believe, they prepare meticulously for each window, they’d have known Moore was available to either buy or loan and we could have had him here then.

It’s not like they hadn’t been aware we were desperately short if a competent striker, having not had one for a year by then.

Ipswich weren’t even in the market for Moore by then.

Maybe the same posters you decry have a point ?

He had a terrible time at Ipswich in the past.

If, as they’d laughably have us believe, they prepare meticulously for each window, they’d have known Moore was available to either buy or loan and we could have had him here then.

It’s not like they hadn’t been aware we were desperately short if a competent striker, having not had one for a year by then.

Equally Bournemouth didn't want to let him leave and only decided to let him at the last min tbf

5 months wages and a loan fee should have been affordable.

We were 7th having played a game more than Hull. We were on the cusp of the playoffs with average form. It's likely three of the current top 4 will get promoted, us signing Moore would have had little impact imo, more so considering we appointed Beale. They'll have had to weigh that up.

Ipswich could take the risk as they were in the top two. It's a moot point anyhow, it's clear he had no interest in signing for us.
5 months wages and a loan fee should have been affordable.
Perhaps it was, but that doesn't mean it represents value.

The time we should have signed him was when we signed Will Grigg. Yes he would have improved us but we couldn’t afford his wages now. Ipswich have taken a monumental gamble the last 3 seasons. Feel free to bookmark this post if Ipswich go up fair play to them the gamble paid off. If they don’t though I’d suspect they are in monumental trouble financially

Equally Bournemouth didn't want to let him leave and only decided to let him at the last min tbf
Didn’t want to let him leave on loan but were prepared to sell him.

It was the loan thing that became an issue as they’d decided to loan him once no buyer could be found. It was then up to which club were prepared to pay 75% of his wages which effectively ruled us out.

He had a terrible time at Ipswich in the past.
So he's said in an interview that he didn't enjoy his time at Ipswich? Or are you assuming that was the case as he struggled for goals?
The time we should have signed him was when we signed Will Grigg. Yes he would have improved us but we couldn’t afford his wages now. Ipswich have taken a monumental gamble the last 3 seasons. Feel free to bookmark this post if Ipswich go up fair play to them the gamble paid off. If they don’t though I’d suspect they are in monumental trouble financially
Very much so, but again, would Barnsley have accepted our offer considering we were a promotion rival and would Moore have wanted to sign considering Barnsley looked odds on to finish higher that us?

Last edited:

There were a few mind, I agree though he had better options than us.

So he's said in an interview that he didn't enjoy his time at Ipswich? Or are you assuming that was the case as he struggled for goals?

Very much so, but again, would Barnsley have accepted our offer considering we were a promotion rival and would Moore have wanted to sign considering Barnsley looked odds on to finish higher that us?
The commentators mentioned it today

Back