Jagielka and Carrick

• Thread starter NOMOREFALSEDAWNS
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why are they in the England squad? They are both past it at international level.

Well Carrick plays for Man Utd obviously. If he was transferred to say... West Brom or Sunderland for that matter, he would be nowhere near the squad.

Jagielka.... f*ck knows... probs. because of experience...

I'm not so fussed Carrick is in there as the choice is so lacking. What I would ask is why he's in there now and not a year or two ago when he was playing regularly and in the form of his life. He was exactly the type of ball playing midfielder we didn't have, whilst we persisted with gerrard/lampard and someone who wasn't ready or up to it.

I think Smalling has been excellent this season. I was never really his biggest fan but he has really grown on me as a player
Completely agree, Smalling just needed a run of games in his proper position. I could never understand the slating he got off some people. He looked excellent at centre back when he first signed for United and then for some bizarre reason Fergie refused to sign another right back to cover the injury prone Rafael and started playing Smalling out of position. Frankly, he's awful as a full back but an excellent centre back - far, far better than Jones anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back