Jagielka and Carrick

• Thread starter NOMOREFALSEDAWNS
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NOMOREFALSEDAWNS

Why are they in the England squad? They are both past it at international level.

Not many alternatives in central defence to be fair. Jagielka is a safe pair of hands. Carrick is a little more puzzling, he's not even in good form.

Not many alternatives in central defence to be fair. Jagielka is a safe pair of hands. Carrick is a little more puzzling, he's not even in good form.
Stones,Jones,Cahill,Smalling

Why are they in the England squad? They are both past it at international level.

Disagree on both.

Carrick is the best defensive midfielder we have and should start all our most important games.

Jagielka will be eased out for Smalling and Stones soon enough but remember he was the man of the match in our recent 1-1 draw with Italy, good experienced back up to have especially seeing as we hardly have loads of great defenders around.

Disagree on both.

Carrick is the best defensive midfielder we have and should start all our most important games.

Jagielka will be eased out for Smalling and Stones soon enough but remember he was the man of the match in our recent 1-1 draw with Italy, good experienced back up to have especially seeing as we hardly have loads of great defenders around.
Agree re. Carrick, very underrated and can keep the ball should have played more for England but his best days are gone.

Agree re. Carrick, very underrated and can keep the ball should have played more for England but his best days are gone.

I agree he hasn't hit his best from yet this season but I don't think he actually has dropped off that much, I remember seeing a stat that Man Utds winning percentage with him in team doubled which tells how good he is.

A mystery that such a good passer of the ball has been so underused considering our lack of technical ability.

The only player who didn't get in that I would have in would be Aaron Cresswell, although going by gos game vs Bournemouth he might be out of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back