Is Sunderland a city of the future?

The MACtrust have been tremendous for Sunderland. Amazing what came out of the City of Culture bid even though we didn't win it.

Might be worth keeping an eye on how the civic centre development pans out as well.
Plans look like there’s a cut through for cars to Park Lane from Toward Rd. Taxi rat run I reckon. I wouldn’t want to be on there but there’s other offshoots on that site may be quieter.

Plans look like there’s a cut through for cars to Park Lane from Toward Rd. Taxi rat run I reckon. I wouldn’t want to be on there but there’s other offshoots on that site may be quieter.

I had another look at those plans and it looks like you can’t drive through from park lane to burdon rd - appears that there is a one way system around the estate either from park lane or burdon road with entry and exit from each junction but no through road unless the plans have been updated (of 23 of link below).

I should have added No through road for cars but certainly through access for cycles or pedestrians.

Last edited:
I had another look at those plans and it looks like you can’t drive through from park lane to burdon rd - appears that there is a one way system around the estate either from park lane or burdon road with entry and exit from each junction but no through road unless the plans have been updated (of 23 of link below).

I should have added No through road for cars but certainly through access for cycles or pedestrians.
If it’s as you say it looks like the entry is on the park lane side.

Back