is Pardew a good manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan but you have to acknowledge that the guy has turned it around big time. It can't have been much fun having abusive chants, booing, banners telling you to leave etc week in week out. It's not like these guys need the money either so to put up with that kind of crap and come through the other side takes some balls.

It's not at that stage for GP, but I fear if it gets to that stage that he hasn't got the ability to come through it (and probably we haven't got the players)....
Turned it around bigtime? In 3 games?

I don't feel that I can give an opinion on whether Pardew is or is not a good manager. That's because I have never played football to any sort of level, never mind senior level, nor do I have any coaching qualifications. I'm guessing 99.9% of the posters on here are similarly disqualified, so I think I'll take your opinions with a dose of salts.

As to his personality, do any of you actually know him? A 10 second chat at a petrol station doesn't count as knowing someone.

Not sure why he gets so much stick for towing the party line when talking about his employer. How many people on here would criticise their immediate boss on TV?

I'd respect your opinions more if you came clean and said you didn't like him because you had an irrational hatred for anyone connected to Newcastle or people from the south of England.

I think the backing Ashley has shown him is a major factor in his favour. Ashley has always allowed him time to turn it around. I always think when players know they cant get rid of a manager with a few shoddy performances it keeps the balance of power tilted in the managers favour. A major plus when dealing with some of the mercenaries that play football these days. Makes them think it will always be them that go before he does. Also its given him enough time to make the squad his own which takes a good few transfer windows to achieve really.

I think the backing Ashley has shown him is a major factor in his favour. Ashley has always allowed him time to turn it around. I always think when players know they cant get rid of a manager with a few shoddy performances it keeps the balance of power tilted in the managers favour. A major plus when dealing with some of the mercenaries that play football these days. Makes them think it will always be them that go before he does. Also its given him enough time to make the squad his own which takes a good few transfer windows to achieve really.
You might come into a role and have some initial success but to properly fix things you need time. It is so rare to see someone succeed almost instantly. Those who do invariably have inherited a decent side and an owner with bottomless pockets. I think Poyet will come good for you lot, once he's got rid of those holding you back, but I doubt he'll get the time and neither will all the following managers.

The mags are a mid table club from top to bottom. He has been there 4 years and they have finished 11th (half a season without Carroll), 5th, 16th, 10th, and currently 14th and in good form.

4 years in the Premiership is an accomplishment in itself, and on the whole he appears to be a competent manager.

He's scum. And incompetent to boot.

As if 3 wins off the bounce prove anything. When we lose 3 off the bounce no fucker bats an eyelid. The odd purple patch of form is the exception rather than the rule, he's a f***ing shit manager and always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back