Is anyone not that bothered anymore

Threads like this always appear when we're on a bad run, then when we're doing well (like last season) it's all love Sunlun me like, this club man etc etc. Just man the fuck up man and haway the lads.

It bothers me I f***ing hate it when we get beat but I am more concerned about the decision to sack Mowbray ever since we have gone backwards

The shit hit the fan before the Mags game and is still sinking the place out. How to ruin a season without trying. Team genuinely look lost of ideas. Patto has gone backwards the last month or so. Midfield dropping too deep. Hardly any forward thinking from the manager. No way is this set of players top 6.So out of form most of them are. Suspensions,injuries and players who should be dropped are hindering the team. One shining light,Romaine Mundle . This kid could be anything he wants to be. Strong,direct,focused and wants to be a winner. Could play CF ,midfield or wing. Looking to see more of this player ! HTL.

It’s incredibly hard to replace goals and creativity. We lost plenty of both of them in Stewart and Amad and haven’t been able to get near. If we sell Neil, there are plenty midfielders who can do what he does for us. Not many Clarke’s kicking about
Which midfielder is available within our budget to replace Neil? And we need 3 of them

Don’t know if it’s an age thing, but I’m not arsed about today I’m over the result immediately these days, years ago it would ruin my weekend. The club show zero ambition, than was evident in the last few transfer window, what’s KLD end game, promotion then sell up ? Even if we did get in to the top league we’d need to invest heavily in players, we’re light years even behind the average premier league teams, we will never challenge at the top end.
I’m 71 …. Means just as much as it always has.

I'd fallen in love with the club again over the last season and a half. Everything felt good.

That's gone and I now feel very similar to after Moyes took over and that horrific championship season. Indifferent. I don't really care anymore.
exactly the same for me... indifference. i remember the big sam everton result and i was genuinely excited that for the first time in 20 years the club was going somewhere. the recent wembley visits were great, but for sunderland it was 'only' to get out of a league they had no right to be in... back end of last season with that push to the play-offs i did start to feel a bit excited for the first time since that everton game.

It's standard fare on the magic carpet cum roller coaster ride Sunlun fans are on.
Will always be bothered man STID

Last edited:
Doesn’t ruin the weekend anymore but it still hurts.

The moment they announced Beale just killed the momentum and feel good factor for me. Anyone with any semblance of footballing knowledge could see he was just a poor fit with our squad and approach and could predict how it would go.

congrats to those in charge for managing to fuck up so spectacularly

Don’t know if it’s an age thing, but I’m not arsed about today I’m over the result immediately these days, years ago it would ruin my weekend. The club show zero ambition, than was evident in the last few transfer window, what’s KLD end game, promotion then sell up ? Even if we did get in to the top league we’d need to invest heavily in players, we’re light years even behind the average premier league teams, we will never challenge at the top end.
Yes I'm bothered .
It has never ruined my weekend ,ever
I know the vocal few think they care more that's why they complain non stop . I just see them as the kid stomping around in the corner of a Harvester looking to see if anyones looking .
Regards owners, I think they all want to succeed, any club . Its not profitable being unsuccessful. Its a tough business to be in
A handful achieve real success every season .
I always have a good match day experience with like-minded mates .
If for any reason it wasn't what I wanted, I'd stop going
Simple as .

Before we got out of league 1 I had became fully apathetic, but last season pulled me out of the apathy. I'm f***ing raging atm, after being in such a shit place we showed signs of coming together as a fan base and having players that were liked and had a mix of potential and being decent humans. They put in easily enough effort and were enjoyable to watch with a manager who understood us as fans and people.
The last couple of month feels like we've taken an enormous step backwards with all goodwill erased, performances have gone to shit, the new manager is an absolute shambles, the ownership group have made unforgivable mistakes and we've went from looking like a strong possibility for play offs to the season is almost certainly going to be a write off and we're going to lose our biggest talents in the summer.
It's the most Sunderland turn of events I can think of

TLDR; Very much bothered

It definitely feels easier to get over the inevitable defeats the older I get

I’ve long accepted safc will never win the top division in my lifetime but I do expect them to compete in the championship and win promotion

I see no reason at all why safc can’t emulate Brighton
Brighton spent around 35 years getting their finances in order at one point selling their stadium to cover debt before becoming the club they are now.

I’m 69 and have supported the lads since my first game at the age of 5.
After years of making myself be numb at all the crap we’ve had to put up with (for personal mental health reasons), I had begun to hope again with Mowbray and all these exciting young players.
The ownership group has destroyed all that good vibe in the past 2 months, starting with the mag debacle.
Beale was another disastrous appointment and Speakman and his boss are to blame.
I’m going back into self protection mode and it’s shit. I haven’t got that many years left to see us back in the top division.

when Big Tone went, we could've used that to show our intent and really make a push for a quality manager to get the best out of this young squad.

what's happened is we've split up with a girlfriend we really loved, and our mates have set us up on a blind date with our cousin.

I'll always support the team....but kind of resigned to the fact that this club will always kick you in the bollocks when your guard's down.

Back