If you were in chairman

I’d buy a shed load of young unproven “talent” insert a clause in their contracts that I get a percentage of any sell on fees , then pick them to play in the first team regardless of their form. Club progress would come a distant second to my personal gain.
i'm sure speakman could point you in the right direction to achieve your aims

Fix the customer service. Find a way to change from season tickets to memberships that include match entry, merchandise, food and drink, stadium tours etc.

Make sure every fan has a Chris waters type employee they can ring to sort issues, move seats etc.

Drop the price of match entry to a point that the stadium is full each week.

Rebuild the stadium so that the concourses have different experiences, an area like spoons, an area like Mexico 70, a gaming area for kids, a meet the ex-players area, a craft ale area, a hippy food area, a posh corporate area, a live music area and a wee Phillie area.

Move the lasses footy permanently to the stadium and include entry in the membership.

Move the club shop to black cats house and combine with a ticket office.

Offer physical tickets and cash turnstiles for those who don’t like tech.

Safe standing in the south, terracing there if we can get away with it.

Up to 2 Kids under 12 go free with an adult.

Sponsor every grass roots kids team with an SR postcode. Free kits to all players.

Fix the east coast main line so it’s electrified all the way to Sunderland and build a proper station at the ground.

Do whatever it takes to make the new stadium the de facto destination for all big stadium gigs.

Make the turnstiles like Wembley, more and faster.

Use bottom-up beer tech so everyone gets served and no queues.

Arrange multiple metros to be waiting when the game ends. Ensure traffic lights are set to green for long periods on surrounding roads to disperse the traffic quicker.

Improve entertainment pre and post match to go with improved catering etc.

Add a roof to the stadium. Also the search lights to be turned on when we win.
Some good ideas, but in no circumstances is a wee Phillie area required.

Bit worried about pedestrians with the green lights

Get speakmans P45 printed.
I doubt he'd get another sporting director job after the shit show here but he would probably get employed for his usual job of academy manager somewhere.

I would change the black cats bar to the away support bar, and have interchangeable logos and slogans for whatever team we are playing they get 5 free pints and some bait, ya knar for the extra income and that

I would issue Radio war pieces like at the snooker for all season ticket holders instead of updating the pa system, make people buy more season tickets, ya knar for more gaurenteed income and that

I'd invest a few million in school academies to develop the local talent, so there is clear route into the club if they kids are good enough players. Even if they are not, other roles within the club would be open through an apprenticeship scheme. Free season tickets for the over 75's, half price for pensioners. That should be our development model, not spending millions on players that bigger clubs don't want. I'd keep the DoF role, but they won't have any influence on the first team management or signings, only the U23's and the junior teams. I see the DoF role as a development one, not an over-arching footballing dictator-type role. Ditch the head coach model and bring back the manager model, including his own staff. At the moment I think the coaching the players are receiving does not align with the playing style of Beale, hence they should all be on the same wavelength. At least one of these senior roles should have someone who's an experienced ex-footballer, but at the moment none of Speaky, Beale & KLD have ever played pro football. We need balance with our signings, with the majority of the budget allocated to the first team manager. Selling first team players for a huge profit makes a lot of financial sense, but replacing them with unproven kids is detrimental to our results on the pitch.

I’d buy a shed load of young unproven “talent” insert a clause in their contracts that I get a percentage of any sell on fees , then pick them to play in the first team regardless of their form. Club progress would come a distant second to my personal gain.
You still peddle this even though you know it's bullshit
Why?

Ps - has the club progressed massively since they joined when we were floundering in league one?
I'd say the Karen like reactions as we look like missing out on play offs in our second season seems that our ambition as fans has grown considerably

Last edited:
How do you know it’s bullshit?
Because they came out and said it's fundamentally incorrect

Cos it would be easy to prove.
Cos it was in one click bait article, only those gullible or with an agenda would believe and keep regurgitating.

Good to have you back , you been on a long ban?

Back