If we hadn’t Sacked Mowbray..

Statistically yes (statistics are apparently the basis of our recruitment decisions)
Mowbray had a higher points per game than Beale.

There is nothing to suggest that we will improve under him- i.e. that there is no marked improvement in any department- we score less goals and we concede just as much as before- so Beale's stated aim of improving our defence has been a miserable failure so far.

Probably a few more but coming away after watching a team who know what they are doing. I rarely come away from a game Mowbray managed unhappy, win, lose or draw because I seen a team all singing from the same hymn sheet, it’s all I have ever asked as a Sunderland supporter!

Would we now have more points?
I would say yes, however we would be thinking we could Be doing better and a movement towards this will be his last season, reach the end and part ways amicably would be swelling.
I only heard one anti mobray rant “fukk off mobray ya fukkin smoggie knut” from a bloke walking behind me as he stormed out 15 minutes early, think it’s safe to say he wasnt a true representation of our feelings, I think the vast majority of our fans would have been happy with him walking at the end of the seasons for someone to kick us on.

This has been one calamitous cluster fukk man, own up man up and get rid.

Serious questions have got to be asked of the person who thought this bloke was a good fit for the squad we’ve assembled especially knowing his recent history.

Our mindset would have been different for every kick,throw of the ball . It's very small variables but teams succeed on lots of very small things added together.

Yes, but it still changes nothing.

The problems are KLD and Speakman, stubborn in thinking youth alone can succeed, we need experienced pros, 3 in key areas.

Then this model will have a good chance of working. This will also enable us to pull in a good quality ambitious coach.

Agreed we need a few senior pros like Baath & Pritch who have won promotion to PL.

Problem is KS etc will say well Patterson, Ballard, O'Nien, Neil, Clarke, Roberts all have experience however only really Roberts won anything with Celtic & been around the City set up.

Rest apart from one's that help us up only have play off final on CV.

Most are likely to be sold so everything is blown out of the window!

We probably would have had maybe one more win. Maybe.

But what's more important is that spirit and sense of excitement that young team had that from everything I've seen has been squashed. Not only because it takes away the enjoyment of this phase we've had over the last year or two,but also because I reckon players will be alienated and want to move on. That would have happened anyway,but accelerating that when you won't pay up for ready made replacements is a concern.

So you don’t trust the owners? So it’s either spend nowt or spend millions. Is it your money?

I would prefer the club only spend what we earn so if the owner pulls the plug we are not in shit creek like we were when Ellis left.

Very few clubs in the top 2 divisions are being run this way

Last edited:
It'll have been just the same, just about. Possibly some heavier defeats, maybe one or two better results. Who knows. It's the same players end of the day.

The crowd would have eventually turned on Mowbray, and neebody wanted to see that.

His football and shape was pretty much the same , 1 dimensional, Dodds was better for those 2 games where he was quite good tactically
Whether Dodds could do it over a season i did think he made changes and substitutions that made a difference to Mowbray throwing everyone on at 70 mins

I don't think we'd have turned over both Leeds and WBA.

I think other results would have been slightly better and less people would be moaning too.

Back