If we hadn’t Sacked Mowbray..

Mowbrays first 11 games in charge for us he got the same amount as he did in his last 11 games for us which coincidentally is exactly the same amount of points Beale has gotten in his first 11 games here.

Based on that and an absolute prejudice against Beale as I never wanted him here I reckon Mowbray would've gotten us twice as many

I am not sure who you think was pumping money in to pay day to day bills when he took over

Relative small change compared to 99% of clubs though and best will in the world every club needs investment to start off and most need continued investment as recruitment gets harder

100%. We had a team overachieving for a manager they wanted to play for.

We can talk about not replacing Stewart, not signing experience in Midfield but the big mistake was allowing Mowbray to go. The team has reverted to probably the level of their ability and without Big Tony motivating them to play is the reason we are in this downward spiral.

How can you say 100% when we've got more points since the 13 games he left than his last 13?

Reckon we'd be in a fairly similar position. The last few performances under him, particularly Huddersfield at home, were horrendous and were indicative of a manager who had reached the end of the road here.

If it was a choice between keeping Mowbray or replacing him with Beale though, I'd have kept Mowbray every time.

we were about 7th when mowbray left we're we? in the games since we're 16th in the form table.

yes it was going downhill towards the end of the mowbray era, although i'd argue that was more speakman's influence than mowbray, they'd clearly fell out with the axe waiting to fall. hard to get good results when your strength is a man manager and you're a dead man walking.

What’s this shit? Has everyone calmed down? Beale is ok? Is he shite. Much better off under uncle Tony regardless what a cross section of games says.

We'd have reeled Leicester in and be looking forward to a 5th round FA Cup tie. Amad would also be in double figures after he forced through his January move.

No idea, but one thing is for certain there was no massively negative reaction to him. the club have totally fkd us over this season.

the mag debacle (now airbrushed), and this appointment, sucked the life out of what should have been a good campaign. turds

we were about 7th when mowbray left we're we? in the games since we're 16th in the form table.

yes it was going downhill towards the end of the mowbray era, although i'd argue that was more speakman's influence than mowbray, they'd clearly fell out with the axe waiting to fall. hard to get good results when your strength is a man manager and you're a dead man walking.
Agree with your general summary. Speakman and Dreyfus are a far bigger problem than anyone who will be in our dugout during their tenure at the club.

Mowbray had problems getting the best out of these players as well, slightly better than Beale but Beale hasn't had as long as Mowbray to instill his tactics. Personally I would have changed the system, went with 2 strikers, we've played near enough the same way all season, we were found out a long time ago that's why they double up on Clarke, always down the left.

Back