if someone was visiting sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is a good website. What are the pies and peas like from the deli. And I think Ibbotsons have missed a trick not punting saveloy dips in their marketing bit. Also, never realised they had employed 400 people a few years ago.

Used to have a shop in Pennywell when I was a nipper.

Jacky Whites

Got a canny website.

http://www.jackywhitesmarket.co.uk
The Special Announcements Section is good.

CAR PARK DEMOLITION HAS NOW BEEN COMPLETED THANKFULLY

CLOSED FOR THE MONDAY & TUESDAY JUBILEE HOLIDAYS

LOOK OUT FOR THE NEW FLOWER SHOP INSIDE RIGHT AT THE BACK

Do you think they didn't bother deleting the jubilee holiday announcement as it would mean typing it again in a few years? Pretty efficient if that's the craic.

They've built a new hide down near 'lets go noodle!' At roker.

It's only 30 quid and you get a bag of feed. If you get the crumbs out far enough youll catch the lesser spotted Len. No pics though scares him off.

But seriously though. I love taking non locals around. Had a German colleague over lately, went Durham usual, roker, walked the pier, roker park, winter gardens. There's some shit bits, so has Venice, Berlin, Tokyo, new York. But generally I'm proud of her me.

I'll be a first time visitor for a day in March, so I'll be checking this thread out in the future! (wanted to have it in my notifications)

there were a couple places on tripadvisor that looked interesting for food on tripadvisor -- Goa and borneo bistro and scullery)... interestingly Goa did not have Chicken Tikka Masala on their menu (yet they had dozens of other curries, so I was thinking that may have been an error, since some reviewers actually mentioned the dish too)

is Souter lighthouse still the best place for Panackelty? you'll have to make sure your visitors try our favourite dish. It's on the menu at the Court Inn Durham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back