I don't think people realise how much affection there is for Newcastle ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Sunderland fans go, I'm quite placid toward them up the road probably due to one of my best mates being a season ticket holder at the 03. But can one of our resident mags tell me why your fans have such difficulty separating Sunderland the football club from Sunderland the city? Every time I have a bit crack about football with one of them they always turn it into a 'our city is better than yours' argument.

They are my second team like.

Was in a bar in Bangkok, owners one Carlisle and one Stoke, obviously heard my accent asked if I was a Geordie I said no, they said thank fuck for that we hate those arrogant twats.
Scot's lad standing next to me said he f***ing hated them as well.
General opinion no fucker likes them

Char bar in Bangkok has a sunderland flag up. The thai owner calles Newcastle 'the scum'. Good work thai man.

As Sunderland fans go, I'm quite placid toward them up the road probably due to one of my best mates being a season ticket holder at the 03. But can one of our resident mags tell me why your fans have such difficulty separating Sunderland the football club from Sunderland the city? Every time I have a bit crack about football with one of them they always turn it into a 'our city is better than yours' argument.
I'm not an unmentionable but I might be able to help you out.
It's called changing the subject marra. A tactic deployed by someone who no longer has valid points to make in the original debate, and doesn't have facts to support his side of the argument. Briefly put, they're as thick as workhouse custard and not worth arguing with in the first place.:cool:

Wouldn't normally comment on these threads but I'll make an exception. Have mates & family who are Mags. I'm talking here about blokes who started going in the 60s/70s & I find them generally to be realistic people who tell it as it is, no bullsh*t. As far as people outside the North East's perception, well I have friends from all over England who generally regard them as no more significant than say West Brom. I did know a Scouser though who'd lived in the North East for years (Liverpool fan) & he reckoned they were the most deluded fans he'd encountered.

I know. I have nothing against Newcastle as a place. And Sunderland has plenty of faults. I support our football club and hate theirs. That's where I draw the lines anyway. Each to their own.

there was a newcastle lad at work who used to go on total sport as a guest fan. at work he said to me, that he used to tell his mates never aspire to being above safc but to look at man utd and arsenal as their main rivals. The boss was sitting next to him and I asked him what right had he to think that newcastle was in such high company. he stuttered and just never answered. he hasnt spoken to me since that day.
He sounds like a tool

This is true. I'm living near London and they're a bit of a figure of fun to most of my QPR/Chelsea/Spurs/Reading supporting mates.

Don't believe anything a Plastic Reading fan will tell you :)
The most boring, plastic and non travelling away fans in the league.

As for Newcastle most football fans have time for both Newcastle and Sunderland due to your loyal fan base. Can understand the hatred though but both clubs have a terrific and enviable fan base in a region which is known for football.

Perhaps he should have told you that it's better to try and emulate and beat those at the top of the pile rather than those at the bottom, and that success is not measured by how you perform against your rivals. Don't know the pecking order at your place but perhaps you're one of these people who like to run others down in front of the boss.
Nice deflection there, like. :lol:

He chose to say that to old soapie knowing full well he was sat next to his boss at the time but - no - you have to try and turn it against the poster. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back