How would you approach the chelsea game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd tell Larsson to wind Costa up, he's a loose cannon. I honestly think we'll draw, Chelsea have been nothing short of sensational recently but we've got the fans behind us, no real pressure on us as everyone expects an easy away win for Chelsea, 5:30pm kick off, good atmosphere in the ground and I think we can soak up the pressure and nick a goal on the break.

1-1

Hazard come here last year for Chelsea and single-handled won the game for them. His form that match was just f***ing stupid, Hopefully he's not on par or it could be any score.

I don't think he is, he's normally the one doing the winding up, very clever player who knows exactly what he's doing.

I say go and attack. They'll be expecting us to sit deep so something unexpected might confuse them.

Or we'll concede 15 goals.

I say go and attack. They'll be expecting us to sit deep so something unexpected might confuse them.

Or we'll concede 15 goals.

We had a go at Southampton and got absolutely battered. That game proved that once we go a few goals down we just give up, we cannot afford another hammering, Gus will just sit back and hope to counter.

Sit deep, contain their forward line, don't give them space and plenty of pressing.

Get the ball forward as quickly as possible when we win it.
All good in theory but we are slower than a weekend in Barrow on afurness

I'd like to see Sunderland get after them no matter what the line up is....parking the bus and letting them time and space will be suicide! Press the ball and show some energy!!

If Cattermole gets a yellow, bring in Bridcutt....can't afford a sending off, we'll get slaughtered!!

Sit deep, contain their forward line, don't give them space and plenty of pressing.

Get the ball forward as quickly as possible when we win it.
Problem with that IMO is who we get it forward to? Neither Wickham or Fletcher can hold it up enough to bring our defending Mid's into play. Sitting back means a battering for me. We need to show intent early, get at them as much as is possible, even if it is hoof ball, and see how they react. We nick a goal, then maybe Poyet re-thinks. Oh Christ who knows, but can't wait to get up there. Love night matches me!

Problem with that IMO is who we get it forward to? Neither Wickham or Fletcher can hold it up enough to bring our defending Mid's into play. Sitting back means a battering for me. We need to show intent early, get at them as much as is possible, even if it is hoof ball, and see how they react. We nick a goal, then maybe Poyet re-thinks. Oh Christ who knows, but can't wait to get up there. Love night matches me!

I think the opposite though. If we all attack and leave space at the back, they will crucify us.

I do agree that we should get into them,i'm just saying we have to try and stay in the game as long as possible.

We've proved we can get results despite being up against it- look at Man City the last 4 seasons

I think the opposite though. If we all attack and leave space at the back, they will crucify us.

I do agree that we should get into them,i'm just saying we have to try and stay in the game as long as possible.

We've proved we can get results despite being up against it- look at Man City the last 4 seasons
This Chelsea side, having added Fabregas and Costa will kill us if we sit back. Try to defend deep and we'll get slaughtered IMO.

Azpilicueta is a right footed left-back and must want to get forward and shoot. I expect he can match Buckley for speed or the other way around. Press an inverted full back and there is always a chance.

What is the best way to avoid getting overrun on the left hand side?

Play on the opposite left as per usual, I expect.

Flood it the only way make it hard and get right up them where it hurts they won't like it but tough we aren't in it to make friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back