How would you approach the chelsea game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage limitation. We can't even dominate possession at home against lesser teams so tomorrow we'll know that Chelski will have about 70% of the ball. We have to try and keep it when we have it and we have to run the clock. All free kicks, goal kicks, throw ins I expect to be 30 second plus affairs when we are taking them!

0-3 at least I would think. That said Chelski sides normally do the hard work in the first half when they win the game, they then ease off second half to conserve energy (as was seen very clearly last week in their 2-0 win over WB despite being against 10 men for the last 70 mins).

Probably naive but so fuck, have a go at the fuckers. Bollocks to damaged limitation, keep that for if we go 3-0 down not from the beginning. At least try to give the fans something to get excited about, anything can happen just as the last time we met showed. Half 5 kick offs tend to have decent atmospheres so the players should encourage that even more by getting into their faces and having a go.

Probably naive but so fuck, have a go at the fuckers. Bollocks to damaged limitation, keep that for if we go 3-0 down not from the beginning. At least try to give the fans something to get excited about, anything can happen just as the last time we met showed. Half 5 kick offs tend to have decent atmospheres so the players should encourage that even more by getting into their faces and having a go.

If we try to take the game to them we will be 3 down by half time

Damage limitation. We can't even dominate possession at home against lesser teams so tomorrow we'll know that Chelski will have about 70% of the ball. We have to try and keep it when we have it and we have to run the clock. All free kicks, goal kicks, throw ins I expect to be 30 second plus affairs when we are taking them!

0-3 at least I would think. That said Chelski sides normally do the hard work in the first half when they win the game, they then ease off second half to conserve energy (as was seen very clearly last week in their 2-0 win over WB despite being against 10 men for the last 70 mins).
Every side we've played at home this season aren't a lesser team than us.

Try to frustrate Chelsea. (Probably last for 3 minutes)! Go for a boring 0-0 (probably get beat 0-4) Play keep ball (won't happen at all) Keep 11 players on the pitch (doubt it)

I know Poyet doesn't change the tactics or formation for the opposition but tomorrow he must do, shirley.

He'll probably play him and ask one of the midfielders to protect him. Can't see it working though.

Not sure what other options we have to be honest. I'd play Bardsl.......oh

They would utterly crucify us on the break, they are arguably the best counter-attacking side in the world at the minute. The best we can hope for us to just shut up shop and attack them later on in the game when it hopefully starts opening up a little bit with them pushing on.

Oh look, negativity bu this one.
And Chelski???????

I'd tell Larsson to wind Costa up, he's a loose cannon. I honestly think we'll draw, Chelsea have been nothing short of sensational recently but we've got the fans behind us, no real pressure on us as everyone expects an easy away win for Chelsea, 5:30pm kick off, good atmosphere in the ground and I think we can soak up the pressure and nick a goal on the break.

1-1

Hazard come here last year for Chelsea and single-handled won the game for them. His form that match was just f***ing stupid, Hopefully he's not on par or it could be any score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back