How bad would it need to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad it would get has nowt to do with whether I'd stop going, match is too big of a social occasion for me to give up because we're in whatever division. It would be prices or something else off the field related that would be the only thing stops me going.

Why what?

Why if the club didnt exist? Because there would be nothing there, if we started a 'new' club then i would support that knowing that its the closest thing to Sunderland.

Why should every supporter say that? If they would give up on us for any other reason then they dont deserve the good times. Im only 21 and have seen a few highs in my life, cup final and beating scum 3-0 away twice, breaking out duck of home games against them etc. But i've seen us relegated, miss out on promotion, miss a cup final, get beat 5-1 at my first away derby game and now seen us lose 8-0. But I cant wait for the next game, then Leicester away. I live for my weekends at the football, I work to afford to go. I cant get my head around people who dont enjoy football, but then, they dont know the ups and downs, highs and lows of being a sunderland fan. I could never give up on this team, this club. I will still be there as long as the club are until I'm dead like

How bad would it need to be?
That's an easy one.
So bad that I simply wouldn't be alive.
You don't switch your team due to poor performances, ever !! if you have football in your blood from your early childhood. That is it, end of.

I knew a bloke once who switched his team from the Boro where he was from to West Ham because the owners of the company he worked for followed the hammers, Can you get any lower than that? Disgraceful

Relegation. You can only plough a barren furrow for so long if you've got any sense about you. Not a massive event in itself, there's been loads of them, rather the long slow excrutiating chipping away at your soul. I've taken a couple of breaks in the last ten years mind and they've done me a world of good.

No matter how bad it gets, i'll probably always go if i have nowt else/better to do.

I never prioritise the match anymore bar a few exceptions (i.e. Newcastle, cup final etc). Barely went for four years when i was living away from the area. I just didn't have any interest in the time/cost in travelling up. I missed the last home game and going to miss the next two as i have other stuff on that i'd rather be doing.

The same reason why i'll stupidly buy a ST every year, despite us perpetually being shite/there being no real cost benefit with the fact that i will always miss games & the potential of free tickets.

And do what instead?

Relegation. You can only plough a barren furrow for so long if you've got any sense about you. Not a massive event in itself, there's been loads of them, rather the long slow excrutiating chipping away at your soul. I've taken a couple of breaks in the last ten years mind and they've done me a world of good.

Relegation wouldn't be bad. We would win a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back