Hartlepool United

They won’t go down. A bit like Sunderland, there are too many teams below them (to drop into the bottom 4, 7 teams would need to get above them), and they need only 1 point from 6 games to get to the magic 50.
I think they'll survive, but could finish in the bottom six, could go down to last game at Dorking, which wouldn't represent a good start for KP. Think another 4 points should do it, as any one of a dozen teams could go down, think more than 50 might be needed this season, as expect a few at the bottom, ( Oxford City excepted ) to start picking up points.
Some decent away following to boost the gates.
Genuinely feel for them and as you know have a soft spot for the Club.
Think a night or weekend in Newcastle would always appeal to fans of Southern clubs

Last edited:

I think they'll survive, but could finish in the bottom six, could go down to last game at Dorking, which wouldn't represent a good start for KP. Think another 4 points should do it, as any one of a dozen teams could go down, think more than 50 might be needed this season, as expect a few at the bottom, ( Oxford City excepted ) to start picking up points.

Think a night or weekend in Newcastle would always appeal to fans of Southern clubs

Done this many a time for Hartlepool and Darlo games.

Not a chance. They are already plenty safe.

Ferguson, Cooke, Featherstone and Crawford all starting. Dear me. Tempted to stay in the pub reading that lineup
Totally agree marra. Watching the other night I said to my boy that Fergy, Cooke and Featherstone (who not only came back after not finding a club but was captain) are all absolute plodders at this level. Those 3 points today should see them ok though. Be interesting to see what Phillips gets to work with in the summer.

Totally agree marra. Watching the other night I said to my boy that Fergy, Cooke and Featherstone (who not only came back after not finding a club but was captain) are all absolute plodders at this level. Those 3 points today should see them ok though. Be interesting to see what Phillips gets to work with in the summer.
IF he is still there in the summer. He will get very little from this owner believe me.

I've never understood the fuss with Featherstone, he's absolutely shite. Even today 54 mins he had a free kick on the half way line game was 0-0 and he passed it backwards 10 yards to Parkes, absolutely awful footballer. Central midfield again a huge concern they're so slow and all need to be gone in the summer. I believe that's us ok now. Clear out needed and that starts with the serial failures Cooke, Featherstone, Ferguson and Crawford.

I quite like Tom Crawford. Good technically with a great attitude suffered badly with injuries - looked decent when I watch Pools.
I was prepared to give him time but he's been a massive let down. That said if I had to keep one I'd keep him ahead of Featherstone and Cooke. It is what it is, big summer ahead and just hope to see the back of some of them who have let the club down so many times.

I was prepared to give him time but he's been a massive let down. That said if I had to keep one I'd keep him ahead of Featherstone and Cooke. It is what it is, big summer ahead and just hope to see the back of some of them who have let the club down so many times.
Fair enough mate I’ve only been to a handful of games this season so you will be able to judge better than me.

Any prospective new owners in the pipeline Whed?

Any prospective new owners in the pipeline Whed?
I don't think he has any intention in selling and truth be told I'm pleased the recent so called "takeover" didn't go through as it all sounded like a circus with the supporters trust involvement. I guess that could change but I think he'll be owner for a good while yet. I have a good feeling about Phillips I think he'll improve things

The 3 points is all that matters, but beating a poor side 1-0 thanks to a penalty, suggest they'll continue to struggle for the remainder of the season. A side that can only score one goal in a game will lose more than they win.

The 3 points is all that matters, but beating a poor side 1-0 thanks to a penalty, suggest they'll continue to struggle for the remainder of the season. A side that can only score one goal in a game will lose more than they win.

Yup, Pools weren't great but it was the classic case of "just bloody win" and we did that.

A huge job for KP in the summer, he's got my full backing as I think he's done well up to now given the dross he has to work with.

I'll be amazed if the bottom 4 actually changes, hence I believe Pools are now ok.

Another summer rebuild required as they cannot continue to roll out dross like Featherstone and Ferguson for example.

Back