Hartlepool United

Looking at the fixtures of the leading teams and even taking into account the Heeds eternal capacity to shoot themselves in the foot, they actually have an opportunity to get into the top three and get a one off home semi final in the play offs. Bromley are 4 points ahead but with a worse goal difference and they have 4 away games from the last 6, while the heed have 4 at home from their last 6. Bromley have to play away to Barnet and home to Solihull Moors and their last match is away at Gateshead.

Gateshead also have some tough remaining games including that match v Bromley plus champions Chesterfield at home and play off chasing Aldershot at home.

The last two wins have given them a great chance though.

Last edited:
Relegation back on for Pools, looking at their fixtures, should pick up points at home to Halifax and away to Maidenhead, but reckon it could go down to the wire, Dorking away on last game of the season, and I would fancy Dorking to win that, purely on the basis that Dorking players have some fight and character in them, whereas Pools seem to have absolutely none, Joe Grey apart.

That must be the worst result in their history, given the league they are in, and the opposition.
Looking at the fixtures of the leading teams and even taking into account the Heeds eternal capacity to shoot themselves in the foot, they actually have an opportunity to get into the top three and get a one off home semi final in the play offs. Bromley are 4 points ahead but with a worse goal difference and they have 4 away games from the last 6, while the heed have 4 at home from their last 6. Bromley have to play away to Barnet and home to Solihull Moors and their last match is away at Gateshead.

Gateshead also have some tough remaining games including that match v Bromley plus champions Chesterfield at home and play off chasing Aldershot at home.

The last two wins have given them a great chance though.
Probably not true, but Gateshead usually tail off towards the end, as though they don't really want league football, with their low crowds can see why. Another trip to Wembley and a play off defeat, or top 8 finish and they would be happy I feel.

I love their ability to lose good players, but then unearth another gem from nowhere, great club, nothing but respect for them.

Last edited:
Probably not true, but Gateshead usually tail off towards the end, as though they don't really want league football, with their low crowds can see why. Another trip to Wembley and a play off defeat, or top 8 finish and they would be happy I feel.
m.
If they got in the EFL they would bank an extra £1m in central funding - as long as they didn’t go mad with the wage bill they’d be better off in L2 than the National League. There’s not much difference in terms of travel costs etc.

Relegation back on for Pools, looking at their fixtures, should pick up points at home to Halifax and away to Maidenhead, but reckon it could go down to the wire, Dorking away on last game of the season, and I would fancy Dorking to win that, purely on the basis that Dorking players have some fight and character in them, whereas Pools seem to have absolutely none, Joe Grey apart.

That must be the worst result in their history, given the league they are in, and the opposition.

I love their ability to lose good players, but then unearth another gem from nowhere, great club, nothing but respect for them.
Regularly have a bit craic on with a couple of the Gateshead players. Decent bunch of lads, so I look out for their results.

Kevin Phillips had an absolute nightmare last night, mind.

I was there on Tuesday night. Hartlepool could have gone 2 up a few minutes after Gateshead had one ruled out for offside. Once the equaliser went in most in attendance would have expected Gateshead probably to go on and win it but f#cking hell, Hartlepool folded like a pack of cards in the second half.

Images ⬇️

If they got in the EFL they would bank an extra £1m in central funding - as long as they didn’t go mad with the wage bill they’d be better off in L2 than the National League. There’s not much difference in terms of travel costs etc.
Possibly, but think ideally they need an extra 1000 fans on the gate. There are Southern teams who seem to survive on low crowds, but imagine they would have a few more millionaires watching them than Gateshead

They won’t go down. A bit like Sunderland, there are too many teams below them (to drop into the bottom 4, 7 teams would need to get above them), and they need only 1 point from 6 games to get to the magic 50.

Possibly, but think ideally they need an extra 1000 fans on the gate. There are Southern teams who seem to survive on low crowds, but imagine they would have a few more millionaires watching them than Gateshead

Some decent away following to boost the gates.
Genuinely feel for them and as you know have a soft spot for the Club.

Back