Gascoigne the documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a couple at the weekend that I enjoyed from back in the day. Gascoigne, the real me with Danny Baker. Then the coming home one when he returned home from Italy to Rangers up till just after Euro 96. Both enjoyable imo.

Personally I thought it was bias and only talked about his childhood, career and pressure of media.

He missed loads of stuff things like his wife and kids (presumably for legal reasons) and also his take on rehab and the fishing rod incident.

Guess he just wants to be remembered for the football. It was a good watch but not brilliant.

I really enjoyed it tbh.
I work with a lot of lads from Dunston who grew up the same time as Gazza, some of the stories are tremendous

Most exciting player I have seen....probably because it was the era I was really into footy (im 38 now), but he was the reason I wanted to watch England games.

Feel sorry for kids who have had the 2010 and 2014 world cups as memories when they are geting into footy....I had 1986 and 1990 as my 2 memorable world cups.....with euro 96 as the tournament when I was going out getting hammered!

He fails to mention his family and so called friends that leached off him and ripped him off.

I worked with a few of lads from Dunston who knew him and his family really well, believe it or not Gazza really was and is a kind hearted fellow, his worst enemy though is himself and OCD.

Football...

Wonder where his career would have gone had he signed for Manchester United under Ferguson...?

Cheers mate. Just watched some of the youtube link that was put up and Gazza's "Queen's Geordie" pronunciation (think Chris Waddle an'all) makes my toes curl. Why do these lads try to pretend they don't have a Geordie accent?

Re. Ferguson: I reckon Gazza would be a totally different story now. His leech pals would have been binned off and he would have been in the United "family" under close guard.

Had a canny game of Geordie bingo. Plenty references to the best fans in the world and how special the atmosphere is at the 03 arena. Didn't mention the special number 9 though so didn't get a full house.

Had a canny game of Geordie bingo. Plenty references to the best fans in the world and how special the atmosphere is at the 03 arena. Didn't mention the special number 9 though so didn't get a full house.

I think the Geordie bingo started after 1992.

Reactions: G
Cheers mate. Just watched some of the youtube link that was put up and Gazza's "Queen's Geordie" pronunciation (think Chris Waddle an'all) makes my toes curl. Why do these lads try to pretend they don't have a Geordie accent?

Re. Ferguson: I reckon Gazza would be a totally different story now. His leech pals would have been binned off and he would have been in the United "family" under close guard.
The reason is mate once you leave the north east, no fucker understands the slang, you've no choice but to tamper with it. You sharp get sick of repeating yourself time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back