Free Agent strengthening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

With no outgoings today we are left with 25 senior players at the club at the end of the window, which, I believe, means there is no scope to take any Free Agents.[/QUO

Still the prospect of loan deals to the Championship though isn't there? I'm with you though, I can't see us signing any free agents.

Would love another left back, even on a free. Surely we must have something up our sleeve or we wouldn't have looked at Llori or Enrique

he must be relatively solid...has decent pedigree.
Maybe Roberge could do a job there?
I think if Roberts had any chance he would played there v Exeter. Tiendelli played plenty for Swansea last year and I think he we'd be a reasonable improvement. I think jones will b playing left back pretty soon

With no outgoings today we are left with 25 senior players at the club at the end of the window, which, I believe, means there is no scope to take any Free Agents.
We don't have to register them all to play... could send a very strong message to a couple that they have played their last game for us and take a loan to the championship.

A couple of poor games and everyone on here wants PvA to never be near the team again. Madness.

He's constantly criticised on here for not getting tight enough to his man to stop crosses (QPR at home last season being a prime example) when its nearly always the only option he has after being given no protection from the man in front of him. Against QPR last year it was Gomez not tracking back. Against Villa last week, and for much of this season, it's been defoe. Constantly left in a 2 against 1 situation, no full back in the world is going to look like a good defender. Nor will they have any chance to go forward - see PvA's heat map from Villa for an example.

Yes, he's looked uncomfortable on the ball so far this year. But its only a drop in form, not a reason to write him off. Given some adequate protection (Borini) in front of him PvA will be considerably less exposed and should regain his form quicker.

With no outgoings today we are left with 25 senior players at the club at the end of the window, which, I believe, means there is no scope to take any Free Agents.
I only make it 24. I think that Yedlin counts as an u21 as he only turned 22 in 2015

we could just miss a few off the list ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back